Login Create Account
Where You At!
mellohero
Let's see how far FMA has spread by posting what part of the country or world is everyone from!

I'll start by saying that I'm from Tuscarawas County in Ohio, about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus via I-77.

Oh. And apologies for the Boost Mobile reference.
bando
Haha, well, I'm not too far away being in Central Western PA right off Interstate 80 on the border of Jefferson County and Clearfield County. Its about 2 hours to Pittsburgh and 3 hours to Erie.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
flute88
I'm from Western Washington - I live in Snohomish County, not too far north of Seattle. (I'm about 20-30 minutes away.)
Knights Vanguard - Div II
Southmore Hill Royal Regiment - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Guard - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - Div I

Part of the FMA West Combine!
mellohero
I like how all the people who've written in this thread are from such rural areas that we have to explain where we live by the distance to major cities.
cire
I'm from Ca but now live in Eastern Washington in Pullman.. right next to Idaho
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Whiteprinceofangola
i live in angola, indiana... the very top right tip of the state next to MI and OH. it's a really small town...
bando
@Mellohero
Pretty much. What is sad is that I lived by the biggest town in the area marching band wise. Haha. We have the largest *competitive* band within about 3 or 4 counties.

*There is a band that is bigger than us about 30 min away, but they don't compete, and if they did, we would cream them. Bad.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
flamtap
I'm from a small town in Ontario Canada, close to Kingston
rtloveless
I figured this is what the introduction thread would be good for. Finding out where everyone is at as well. You do mention the location in each one.
Ryan T. Loveless
katkatastrophe
Akron, OH :]
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

ashfire
Angola, Indiana, same as WhitePrinceofAngola. and i wouldn't say it's a small town like he said.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
IMcomJosh
Well I lived in Angola for most of my life. It's small, but it could be a lot worse though too. Population, about 7,500 at the 00 census but is expected to grow by another 10 to 15% by the time the final tabulations of the 10 census is done.

Wikipedia is your friend. ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angola,_Indiana

Like I've said, I lived in Angola most of my life as well and then lived in Fort Wayne (second largest city in Indiana with a Pop. of about 255K) for about 4 years after that. Currently going to Ball State University in Muncie (aka Funcie...but not really lol with a Pop. of 65K) for Telecommuncations (film, tv, etc).
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
4181jay
warrington, cheshire, england

any other europeans here?
Prof
New Orleans
sylacaugabrass9
I hail from a town most of you wont be able to pronounce.
I live in Sylacauga, Alabama.
(pronounced Sil-a-kog-uh
haha :)
I am an hour away from Auburn, 1.5 from Tuscaloosa (which is where university of Alabama is for those that didnt know.) About 35 minutes to BIrmingham, with no Traffic. For those nascar fans, i am about 30 minutes away from Talladega superspeedway.
Sylacauga is a dying town.. we had a very large cotton mill that employed several thousand, but it shut down maybe 5 years ago.. Now the city is declining. Town used to be around 15,000. now maybe 10-12,000.

Little history lesson: Sylacauga High -where i am currently a Junior- has a unique band program. the school has had four band directors in just shy of a decade. one was a temporary (2-3 year) fill in. minus that gap, a Simpkins was the director. Started with Lewis "Fess" Simpkins, then his son, Buddy Simpkins, who passed it on to David Simpkins. David has a son a year older than me, just to put it in perspective. All great men. I just think it is eat when an area has such a strong lineage like I do. You just don't see it anymore. Now some bands are lucky o have a director for marching season, much less a whole year.

enough of my rant... Happy New Year Y'all!
mceuph
Longmont, CO
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
BaritoneB1
Terre Haute, Indiana (central-south-west) Right at the point where it goes from a straight line to a jagged one. :)
Alex
 -infinity
Fort Wayne, IN...for a few more months at least.
scooter92011
Carrollton, GA 10 miles south of I-20 and 50 miles west of Atlanta.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
mdmackowiak
North Liberty, Indiana. About 15 minutes Southwest of South Bend. Attend Ball State in Muncie aka Funcie, Indiana studying public relations.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1