Login Create Account
Meet Me!
theamazing1
As many of you well know, I'm pretty dang new to this site. When I first came on here, back in March, I really didn't know what to expect. I thought it was going to be another one of those abandoned forum-based websites that was made more than five years ago. As I learned soon after, I was completely wrong. The community was full of band nerds, just like me, and I was excited. I looked at the forums a lot and saw a whole community of commentators and leagues and people who were overall really excited to be a part of the game. I learned about CAMA groups and FastForward stuff and how to get around them. I met FinalFantasy, who was just as mad at the whole debacle as everyone else. But with that , there was also a sense of maturity, which is not something that you see a lot of on the internet these days.
I liked FMA so much that I wanted to be a commentator. I simply asked Alex for the job and he gave it to me. And I've been writing and thinking up of new ideas until this day. I was looking around a lot today, and I noticed how little I truly am, and how much you guys don't even know me. There is definitely way more people who deserve the label, "Commentator." One of the huge ones being Cjbuckley, someone who has been in the marching arts way longer than I have. I've only marched one show in my entire career so far(I'm a high school freshman). And I noticed that Cjbuckley wanted the job, so I'd like to formally and sincerely apologize for taking up the spot... You're one of the greats on here man, and I admire you.
And my admiration didn't stop at Cj, either. There's Aaron, who's been doing this music stuff for a really long time. Saxamattone, a Crown alumni (wow.). Cire (an oldy, but still admirable), a BD alumni. Gcurrier, Corndogshuffle, Kiwidrummer, Rocketfan, Astrofan, Solaris, Alxmm, echstrumpet, Redeastmovement, and so, so much more. With all these people in mind, it seems like all of the commentators are pretty well known and respected around here, and then there's me who's all shady and people don't really know much about me, people don't know what I do and where I come from and how much I truly like band. So allow me to introduce myself!
I live in Washington State, go Seahawks! And Cascades!
Just got done with my freshman year
My first show and only show (so far) was called, "The Knight" by Gary Gilroy
My show that's coming up this season is called, "Maya" also by GG
I play trombone
I'm planning on auditioning for the Seattle Cascades DBC in 2017, and if not, Spokane Thunder
A huge college freak. I want to study Music education and Spanish when I get there
I want to have multiple years of marching DCI... My college of choice is Ohio State, and if I get there... Bluecoats here I come!
I love me a good pizza
I want to try out for drum major next year.
And that's pretty much it! If you guys want to know more about me as a person, go ahead and post in the thread or pm me on here. I'd love to get more involved with you guys, too. Also, expect a lot of write ups this week, sorry there weren't many last week. And, I will always take suggestions on what you want me to write about! Kind of an open book!

Have a great Season 53 everyone, cheers.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
cjbuckley1997
You don't need to apologize, you took the initiative and you've done extrodinarily well so far
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier
hey it used to be when someone became a commentator it was a kiss of death because they would be around one more season then you never heard from them again! at least you are sticking around!!! LOL

I am all for commentators--but I also feel strongly that ANYONE can truly make this as fun or as boring as they want to. the person that signs on today for the very first time can go absolutely nuts and get super involved with anyway they want regardless of any official title, that is part of what is great about this place. I for example apparently never shut up at 2402 posts (only Stad is ahead of me - and of course thats just my main account). just like anything in life--the more you put in, the more you get out of it.

so keep up the great work!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
RedEastMovement
I'm not a "true" commentator just yet, Mazer (that's my new nickname for ya, from Card's "Ender's Game" series). However, I just want to say that I cannot be happier that I've actually influenced another gamer on this site. Please accept my thank you for featuring me and I hope to be reading more of your work soon. I'll still be doing my "unofficial" commentary pieces here and there and all over FMA's forums in all different sorts of threads.

Once you get up to D2, I hope I'll be able to compete with ya ;)
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS