Login Create Account
White Star S58 Announcement
cjbuckley1997
White Star is proud to announce our Season 58 program! Entitled "Flight," next season's show will feature the music of David Holsinger in a very ambitious program. The repertoire will include some of Holsinger's signature works, including "To Tame the Perilous Skies," "On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss," and "Abram's Pursuit." We hope to return to a competitive state next season, and this will be a great program with which to do so!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
sbales
lmbo ... omg, my show next season is also entitled Flight.. We're doing Flight of the Valkyries. talking about thinking alike
cjbuckley1997
I had no clue what to call the show for a while. I've always wanted to program Abram's Pursuit, and for some reason the music evokes images of flight, and along with To Tame the Perilous Skies, nothing seemed more appropriate

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
sbales
I was originally thinking about doing something similar to Phantom's 07 show, On Air or something with birds. I thought about using Philip Glass's 1000 airplanes. It's been used so much though. Flight of the Valkyries just seemed more appropriate for what we're going for.
cjbuckley1997
Interesting to see how you had a different approach than I did though, I was going for the music first

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS