Login Create Account
Season 86 Shows
gcurrier
Knight Org is pleased to announce our Season 86 Shows! For this season we are doing a throw bag for all 4 of our groups, EIGHTY SEASONS! who would have thought 80 Seasons ago we would be where we are, both in the organization and in the world. We decided we would use this time to flash back to what was, but with new twists that only Knight Org can bring you.

80 seasons ago Nemesis brought you our THIRD World title. After taking three world by storm in season 3 and 4, season 5 was a bit of a set back even though the corps still managed a silver. For Season 6 the Corps took a bit of a more serious turn and moved away from all orginal music with "On Solid Ground" beating old time rival Epic by 1.5!

Show Title
“On Solid Ground” music by Steven Reineke
Repertoire
Portrait of Freedom
Into the Raging River
City of Gold
Goddess of Fire

80 Seasons ago Marching Knights were in a similar boat. Coming up just short in season 5, they came back strong in season 6 to once again get their 3rd title beating rivals Marching Marchers but just .6! The show, "In Flight" was about the joy's of various flight!

Show Title
“In flight” music by Steven Reineke
Repertoire
Towards a New Horizon
Where Eagles Soar
Rise of the Firebird
Defying Gravity
Heaven's Light

In season, Knight Guard had a slightly different experience. Having won two previous World Titles they found themselves coming up short by about 1.2. The show however was probably one of the most powerful and we are thrilled to bring it back for another shot at the title with Shostakovich Ballet Suite #4

Show Title
Shostakovich Ballet Suite #4
Repertoire
Ballet Suite #4

Being one of the strengths of the drum corps and marching band from the start, the Drumline was in a similar situation as the two having come in second in season 5 and moving back to a 3rd World Title in season 6 however with an orginal piece, "Moving"

Show Title
Moving
Repertoire
Original piece on ways to travel and move.

We hope audience and fans enjoy our return to some of our original shows nearly 80 seasons later!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
XDIEGenral
Jessamine County will be performing selections from Disney's Atlantis and DC's Aquaman.

The program is entitled, The Lost Empire.
Director of Jessamine County
Finals Appearances (Total - 6)
• Division 3 : S82
• Division 2 : S83, S84, S85, S86, S87

Highest Placement - S86 Division 2 4th Place
JimmyJohn2
Spring is here! Osaka Bay Performing Ensembles will be featuring different types of flowers for their shows. They are also hosting an FMA Cherry Blossom Festival for the first day of the season, so be sure to sign up!

--

Kanpeki-sa
Show Title: "A Red, Red Rose"
Movements/Repertoire:
I. Blossom
- Rose by Ludovico Einaudi
- Roses from the South by Johann Strauss
- Waltz of Flowers by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
II. Bliss
- Spanish Romance by Fernando Sor
- Red Fantasy by Jakob Altmann
- Ostinato by Bela Bartok
III. Betrayal
- Redline Tango by John Mackey
- Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
IV. Bloody Thorns
- Jhin, the Virtuoso (from League of Legends) by Edouard Brenneisen
- Raining Blood by Slayer
- Blood Red Roses by C21 FX

Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble
Show Title: "Kiku"
Repertoire:
- Fantasy on a Japanese Folk Song by Samuel R. Hazo
- Appalachian Spring by Aaron Copland
- Urban Dances by Richard Danielpour
- Sanctuary by Frank Ticheli
- As Spring Arrives by Naoya Wada
- Land by Takatsuga Muramatsu
- The Hounds of Spring by Alfred Reed

Colors of Osaka Bay
Show Title: "Orchid"
Repertoire:
- Orchid by Alanis Morissette
- Arabesque by Claude Debussy

Wagyu Beats
Show Title: "Lotus"
Repertoire:
- Lotus by Adam Tan
- Renfro by Paul Rennick and Mark Ford
- Land by Takatsuga Muramatsu
- Crimson Red Dress by Flower
- Flower Song by Hatsune Miku
Jimmy John
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
The Osaka Scouts (DTG)
Osaka Bay Junior High Corps (MBTG)
Hamachi JV (CGTG)
A5 Rhythm (PERC)
mceuph
Continuum is performing their program "Downfall"

The theme of this show is really in the title, what goes up must come down, and everything has its own downfall.

Some of these pieces are familiar to Continuum fans, and some pieces are new as well, featuring:

• Main Theme (from Fallout 3) - Inon Zur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMpnUmeYeeY

This piece was last performed in Season 59 when Continuum was known as Falcon Regiment. It has a darker tone to it and serves as an excellent prologue to the program. It flows seamlessly into the next piece

• Battle / Bazelgeuse (from Monster Hunter World) - Tasayoshi Makino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRV48bV6T-Y

This is an energetic and exciting piece that has never been put on the field. It serves as the opener and really establishes the dark theme of downfall.

• Rue's Farewell (from The Hunger Games) - James Newton Howard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ccTnDeJB2Y

Last performed in Season 60 by Falcon Regiment (now Continuum), this piece serves as the ballad and is a time of remembering and mourning of what came before.

• Journey to the Centre of the Earth - Peter Graham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhXb83WU7A

Most people would associate this piece with being performed by real world ensemble Santa Clara Vanguard. However, Continuum performed this piece as Falcon Regiment all the way back in Season 6! This piece serves as the drum break and closer to the program. It ties everything together and makes its final statement that what goes up, must come down.

• Abraham's Daughter (from The Hunger Games) - Arcade Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqaPBDKQjgk

This piece serves as the epilogue and poses the question, is the downfall permanent? Or is everything cyclical?

Join Continuum in Season 86 with Downfall!

Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
StampedeStetson
The Calgary Stetson Showband is excited to present their season 86 production, "Black". Dawning slick, all black uniforms (even more black than their traditional uniforms), Stetsons will explore many different emotions expressed by the colour. Clarinet and bass clarinet are featured heavily throughout the show, as they are the black instruments.
Repetoire:
Black-Marc Mellits
Black Skin, Black Masks-Shabaka Hutchings
Blackbird-The Beatles
Black Dog-Frank McAllister

Canada Corps show this season, titled "A Child's Joy", explores the intense pleasures of playtime experienced by a child as they imagine taming mythical creatures, flying through the air, the lives of the bugs crawling in her backyard, and more!
Repertoire:
Vitae Aeternum-Paul Lovatt Cooper

Alberta X Winterguard will be livening up the arena with their show, "It's a Hoedown!" Reflecting Alberta's western heritage, this lively show is guaranteed to keep you on your feet!
Repertoire:
Hoedown-Aaron Copland

Maple Leaf Percussion Ensemble will be presenting "The Chemical Plant". Working with noxious chemicals in a factory is dangerous work. Many have paid with their lives. But the high pay is worth it for many brave, perhaps stupid, souls.
Repertoire:
The Idiot-Stan Rogers
Foundry-John Mackey
The Chemical Worker's Song-Great Big Sea
Tempered Steel-Charles Rochester Young
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
ChrisRohn
Unspecified.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
nice
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
EliRoeggeM
The Cary Marching Arts is proud to present all of our show repertoire and themes for our first full season!

For The Imps DBC... "All is New"
Featuring The New World Symphony

For The Gator Ridge Marching Band... "Romulus"
Featuring: High C's, October, and On The Shoulders of Giants

For The Trinity Winterguard... "Paint"
Featuring: Paint It Black, and Must I Paint You A Picture

For RhythmY Drumline... "Gray Skies
Featuring: Rain Rain Go Away, My Sunshine, and Original Music
Director of Cary Arts Program,
Falcon Regiment DBC (LGDC)
Green Hope MB (LGMD)
Quintuplet (LGDL)
Green Hope WG (LGWG)
StampedeStetson
Chris needs an alternate account where everything is just "specified"
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
lgpitbull
Everything is just very descriptive? Lol
/|\ Director of Sierrita/Keystone Marching Arts /|\
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
Keystone Valley HS Indoor Percussion (DLTG)
Keystone Valley HS Marching Band (MBTG)
Sierrita Independent (CGTG)
ChrisRohn
I don't have time for that. I might specify something someday (I'm an architect).

On DCPI I used to call my corps the "Gypsum Board Brigade" and the shows were based on the specification of building materials.

With the 4x100 season behind me now (about time), I considered actually specifying something and making my shows the architectural specification for some type of architectural music product but I decided after all this time I'd better just stick with the status quo.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
gcurrier
Loving the show's this season! Ya Chris it got you to 4 perfect shows, so if it's not broke....
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
DoTheThing23
Shadow Warriors is preparing for their first full season with their show: Confounded Thoughts
Repertoire:
I: Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima and Crab Canon by J.S. Bach
II: Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky
III: -Human by Metallica
IV: Undercurrents by Robert Buckley and -Human by Metallica

And welcoming new group from Shadow Performing Arts: Shadow X Indoor Guard, featuring their show: Hey Doc, featuring Doc Pomus by Ben Folds
connorgavin7502
Crap I tried using "glitch text" in my show description and it didn't work out
For an example of the kind of text I was going for, you can look here: https://lingojam.com/GlitchTextGenerator

You can look at my show description and see what happened as a result

Is there any way to change it does anyone know?

In any case, here's the show reveal (that is actually readable):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Emerald City Cadets are proud to present their Season 86 program:

disCONTINUUM

time is above us, beyond us; maybe not quiTe beyond our understanding but certa1nly out of our control. but what if it weren't? what if tiMe wEre In our graSp? what cOnseqUences could that bRing uS?
...what chaos…

movements:
mvmt i: time_Established
time moves fast and it's always moving, so we sometimes take it for granted. it's always there and so easy to look over.
time is always

- Deus Ex Metronome (introduction) - Russell Wharton

mvmt ii: time_Disturbed
we can measure time and we can keep time, but we can't touch it. but what if time was in our hands. what would we do? would we slow time to take in the details of our day? would we speed it up when the day is slow?
time is ours

- Metropolis 1927,
- The Triumph of Time - both by Peter Graham

mvmt iii: time_Absent
one wrong turn and it's gone. we have fought over time and how it affects everyone, and now this concept that was once taken for granted isn't there a n y m o r e .
t i m e i s g o n e

- Excuse,
- Thirteen,
- Eleven - all by C418

mvmt iiii: time_Reconstructing
time is important, and we need to get it back somehow. we have the pieces and all we have to do is put them back toegther agian.
it is'nt the same: all the pieces are there but it's still broken.
time is not working right.
time is broken

- Deus Ex Metronome - Russell Wharton

time is in discord
and it's our fault

This is based on a project I started working on, where I tried arranging Russell Wharton's Deus Ex Metronome, a snare solo with audio accompaniment. I started arranging it with no theme in mind, and when a sound and feel started naturally taking place, I decided it sounded like time was being messed with and distorted, with time signatures being switched around very frequently and things being played out of their time signature (lots of 5:4 and 4:5 as well). I don't have anything ready to be heard by anyone yet, but I should midseason. I'll upload any drafts of it to MuseScore:
https://musescore.com/user/27073806

connorgavin7502
ECAA Director of Bands
giveme100usernames
Digimen

Show Title: Digital Jazz in 4 Parts

Old meets new. Classic swing harmonies and modern beats.
The Digital Drum Corps presents Digital Jazz in 4 Parts, make sure to wear 2 pairs of socks cuz we'll blow the 1st pair right off!

I. 1925 (LVDS)
II. Swag Bag (The Young Punx, Guthrie Govan)
III. April Showers (Proleter)
IV. Married Man (Annella)

Beach City High Marching Band

Show Title: We Are the Crystal Gems

The Beach City High Marching Band pays homage to the super space rocks who save the day!

I. Garnet
II. Amethyst
III. Pearl
IV. And Steven!
Digimen Drum & Bugle Corps
Beach City High Marching Band
futurebd
Splice Drum & Bugle Corp Presents...

"Bon Voyage"
Are you sick of your boring 8 to 5 office job? Take a load off and fly with Splice Airlines! As we begin our venture around the world, let us tour some of the most beautiful places in the world. So sit back and relax because... we've only just begun!

Repertoire:
"We've Only Just Begun"
"New York, New York"
"Sabre Danse"
"Oh Ipanema"
"Raga Piloo"
Suavemente"

Opp High School Presents...

"Fantástica"
The flamenco gives live to a vast world of creativity and burns a passion in people's heart. Let us take you on a journey through a world of true fantasy. With music by Al Marconi & Ernesto Leucuona this show to truly fantastic!

Repertoire:
"Dark Gypsy"
"Luna Negra"
"Lost in Madrid"
"Malagueña"

SIDE NOTE:
This is my very first season of FMA and I am looking for to the upcoming competitions!
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Niiiccee, Suavemente is an absolute banger. Good luck this season!
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
CrowGoblin
Bruh moment drum and bugle corps will be preforming it's premier show entitled Fortnite Funnies and it is sure to be a massive banger
Director of Bruh Moment Preforming Arts (BMPA)
Player of the best instrument (Tuba)
mrmanny620
Sound of the Times Drum Corp makes their first Division 1 appearance this season with their show...

"Ticking the Time"

Pre Show: Tick-Tock
Time is always moving forward no matter what. Listen to the universal clock tick as our corp takes the field under its control.

Movement 1: Exploring Time
Time is a mysterious concept. Experience the magic that it holds.

Movement 2: Rewinding Time
What would happen if there was a way to go back in time in order to re-live our greatest moments or fix our biggest mistakes?

Movement 3: Speeding up Time
If time is ours to control, could we break the limits of the universe and travel to its end for eternal knowledge?

Movement 4: Don't Waste Time
But time is nothing but a concept. We may not be able to shape it to our will, but we can certainly make the most of it before it runs out.

This is also the second edition of Sunday Morning with Sound. Congrats to all corps that got accepted and we can't wait to see you perform your hearts out!
Sound of the Times Drum Corp (Re-Est. 82)

Member of DTG
JordanCostag
I know I'm late but here's my Season 86 announcement!

In Season 85, 10th Regiment had its best season ever. “X: Evolution” was a great celebration of 10th Regiment’s tenth FMA season and scored a record-breaking 95.955 at finals. We weren’t the only corps on fire in Season 85 though. Despite our record-breaking performance, our 7th place finish was the lowest 10th Regiment has placed since becoming a Division I Drum Corps! In order to improve our long term competitive success, we are changing our approach in Season 86.

At 10th Regiment, our goal has always been to develop great musicians and win while doing it. This season, our goals are a bit different. This season’s focus is to increase our influence on young musicians by providing an entertaining show above all else. This season’s show is titled “Mamma Mia!” and features 6 classic ABBA tunes! Though this show may not be as flashy as 10th Regiment shows of recent seasons, we’re sure you’ll enjoy the plethora of exciting musical moments throughout the show. We are also focusing more on the development of our musicians by providing an extended repertoire (see below) of pieces that we will be practicing and performing during the year.

With that being said, we are excited to announce our “Bands of eXcellence” program. This program allows young musicians of any skill level to join 10th Regiment and play some of the best tunes* from past 10th Regiment shows! These performances will take place at the 10th Regiment Trailer in the lot before select events across the country (see below). We are also excited to announce that this will be the first year of the X Alumni Corps! Stay in your seats after the show at the 10R Invitational to see a special encore performance of “Mamma Mia!” and past 10th Regiment tunes performed by past, present, and future generations of 10th Regiment!

Bands of eXcellence Performance Dates
April 21st - Soaring Sounds Invitational
April 22nd - Celebration of Sound
April 27th - 10R Invitational (Special encore performance with the X Alumni Corps!)
April 29th - Gary’s Birthday Bash
May 6th - Corps at the Shore XI
May 9th - Corps Night Spectacular XI
May 11th - Masters of FMA
May 13th - unspecified
May 15th - Drum Corps Prelims

Can’t come to one of these shows but still want to see performances of classic 10th Regiment tunes? We’ll be having free performances before or after ALL of our shows with our whole brassline! Be sure to check the 10th Regiment twitter (@10thRegiment) for updates!

Season 86 Bands of eXcellence*/Lot tunes
Fly or Die - Gilles Rocha (Season 78)
Riot - Three Days Grace (Season 79)
Mars (from The Planets) - Gustav Holst (Season 80)
Misty Mountains - Peter Hollens, Tim Foust (Season 81)
Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold (Season 82)
Friend Like Me - Alan Menken, Howard Ashman (Season 83)
Novorossisk Chimes (The Fire of Eternal Glory) - Dmitri Shostakovich (Season 85)

*3 pieces will be selected from the 7 possible pieces for “Bands of eXcellence” performances
10th Regiment