Login Create Account
Marching Online - the Marching Band Game!
lgpitbull
This is the official Marching Online topic from now on- sorry for my crude understanding of the forums beforehand.

It's been a long time coming, but the name is now finalized!

Marching Online is an up and coming marching band game with extensive customization. We are very early in development, but our progress is definitely promising! Below is the link to our official Discord server where you can find our development logs, updates, screenshots and renders of the game! I will be updating our progress to the FMA forums frequently, as you guys have been incredibly supportive thus far! The render offer is still up for grabs- you can customize your band's uniform and see it in game!

Don't forget to tell all of your marching band peeps about this- we are only two people, so help spread the word!

Marching Online official Discord server:
http://discord.gg/W478yX

Link to screenshots and renders from development (also found in the Discord server)
http://drive.google.com/open?id=1duwb7Imj8o4rcBlpmonVG6kfxVXMf61S

Follow New Sirius Studios' social medias for frequent updates!
Instagram- @newsiriusgames
Twitter- @newsiriusgames
YouTube- New Sirius Studios
/|\ Director of Sierrita/Keystone Marching Arts /|\
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
Keystone Valley HS Indoor Percussion (DLTG)
Keystone Valley HS Marching Band (MBTG)
Sierrita Independent (CGTG)
lgpitbull
Here’s the new discord link: http://discord.gg/CMBT42

This will probably be in my bio for now on.
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
Here is a link to a slideshow of our recent progress:
http://youtu.be/-fpaggQbibc

Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
Alright I will try to separate this into different subjects:

FAQs

How are we making the game?

What languages and frameworks are you using?
Unity and C#

What is the game about?

I won’t go in depth right now but the gameplay is meant to offer more rewards based on skill than other marching band related games.

Is it online?
Yes, the main part of the game is online. There will be offline modes offered but the core gameplay is meant to be an online experience.

What’s the scoring system?
At its most basic level, scores are determined by your rehearsal (performance) and drill (effect) scores, which add up to 100 by 50 each.

Is it similar to fma or MML?
In some aspects the game is similar to both games. however we are not trying to copy or remake either game.

Is drill writing similar to programs like Pyware?
At release, the drill writing will not be anywhere near as in depth as softwares such as Pyware. Down the road we can focus on adding more features but it will be very basic at the start.

What about drumline?
We understand that we haven’t been highlighting our progress on percussion elements so far. Currently we are working on front ensemble and drumline models.

Customization

How do you submit a uniform?
Download the texture map from our public google drive and customize it to your liking. Then you can submit it in the Discord channel called pending uniforms. We will send you a render as quickly as we are able

Different hats?
We are currently looking into offering custom hats for your band, however this selection would probably be limited due to our lack of a mod team thus far and the way the player models are built. In the future we are hoping to offer this

Plumes?
We are currently trying to implement plumes for band members.

Release

Ballpark for release?
Release is inevitably going to be very complicated. At the moment we are planning on a controlled pre-alpha and alpha release. The pre-alpha will involve test seasons without drill writing and only performance scores. We are not sure how large we want this group to be but we will make sure to let anyone who wants to test the game be involved one way or another. The alpha release will be the earliest version that will have all of our planned features. Currently we are shooting for the pre-alpha sometime this year, and the alpha at earliest early 2021.

Platforms?
Most likely just PCs and Macs.

Where will you publish it?
Early versions will be independently released on our website. (Coming soon) after that we can look at gamejolt as a possibility and even steam after a while.

We are looking to implement as many features as you guys are asking for! We want this to be the marching band community’s game. However we as a team won’t be actively developing until after May. It’s important to remember that it’s quarantine for us too, and the whole community is suffering. Thank you all.
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
Update: as of today we are working on battery percussion instruments. We might have a cool little time lapse coming soon for you guys :)
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
Here’s the updated link for our discord for frequent updates:
http://discord.gg/N6marBV
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
We are looking to outsource for this project. We’re finally making some good progress after everything that’s happened recently. Again, we’re still glad to take help form anybody. If you have experience in game development or not, we love to hear your feedback.
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
(Copied from the official Marching Online Discord) join here at http://discord.gg/N6marBV !

<@&689192617292202064> Hello everybody, I hope everyone is doing well during these difficult times. Currently we are at a standstill more or less in the game because of several limitations we are experiencing. Most importantly of these is that we are financially struggling. It is very difficult to continue developing a game like this with only two people. We are working on ways for members to support us by providing some limited merchandise and services! I will not release many details at the moment but there are some very exciting things to come. Also, if you are willing for us to ping you with more exciting updates such as these, just send us a message in the random channel and we will try to get that done for you. Thank you for your unconditional support!
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
(Copied from the official Marching Online Discord) join here at http://discord.gg/N6marBV !

<@&689192617292202064> Hello everyone. Here’s just a tiny update of what we’re working on. We are working on improving the graphics and aesthetic of the game, and we are starting by doing a full rework of the stadium. This includes a new higher resolution field texture, bleacher scaling rework, new Jumbotron, animated crowd, fencing and improved customization. This comes via a new terrain option, where you can now select the terrain you want your stadium to be located. Photos should be coming soon. We are also working with visual effects to improve the general look of the game. Needless to say we think you will be impressed by the visual aspect of the game.
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
brayam48
Heyy guys how are you? I hope you're doing fine. So I saw how great your bands is. As someone whos trying to get their band on the same level or near it I was wondering if you have any advice that I can take and adapt to it?

Good Luck to season 88
-Brayam48

lgpitbull

<@member> Hello again! I hope everyone has been doing well. Here I have a short summary of what has been going on with the devs for the last couple of weeks. Make sure to read this as there is some big news coming!
First of all, I personally have been on travel for a couple of weeks and have not been able to put much work into the game. I am not worried about our progress so much because <@User007> has been working tirelessly on a couple of SUPER AWESOME things that are coming soon! First of all, we are planning a HUGE EVENT that we are aiming to have done by the beginning of September! I won’t give many details but needless to say we are very excited about it. We also have some more incredible news! <@User007> has been working on a new stadium model for championships! Now we can’t disclose *which* stadium, but it is made to be similar to the official drum corps championships. Thank you everyone for reading!
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
If you haven’t seen it yet, go check out the unveiling of “Luke’s Oil Stadium”, the site of championships in the upcoming Marching Online game! Check it out here: http://youtu.be/8NHBdIhfaZA
Sierrita Sound (DTG)