Login Create Account
GROUP LOGOS!
connorgavin7502
I'd like to start a new table for rankings in Season 86 (or possibly future seasons)! Inspired by this: https://dciscores.com/world-class, I'm requesting that directors either design or request a logo to represent their groups! You can have the same logo for your corps, drumline, band, etc. if they all have the same theme to them, or if they're all different you can make different logos, honestly the design is completely up to you. If you don't want to design the logo yourself, I would be more than happy to make one for your group with your help, as would I'm sure a lot of other people on the platform!
I don't particularly care what resolution it is, I'll probably end up mocking up everyone's logos to be the same size and resolution to use on the chart, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. That being said, you don't even have to make it look good, since I'll optimize your design to fit in the format I use.
I've made a shared folder in Google Drive for you to upload designs in:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jEbyOPxY-933xa7kkt39N8PiVoCWkOLY?usp=sharing
If you don't want to design one on your own, I have a few ways you can go about that: You can respond to this thread here or message me if you want me to help you design it, and I'll work with you every step of the way to make sure the emblem representing your band is exactly how you want it. Alternatively, you can message me on reddit or discord, and that will make things much much easier as I can share and receive images, etc.
Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/user/connorgavinphelps
Discord - connorgavin7502#0154
Rules for uploading: There's not many rules really, just make sure whatever you draw goes in the right folder, and make sure it has your group name or AT THE VERY LEAST your account name. If you only upload one design, I'll probably assume you want that design for all your groups, in any case, I'll reach out about any questions I have about your designs when I can though
I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with :) of course if you have any questions or comments, do let me know, and happy marching!
connorgavin7502
ECAA Director of Bands
connorgavin7502
To specify how everything will (probably) be set up, it'll be pretty close to the example I gave of dciscores.com, as in it will be separated by both group (probably each kind of group getting their own spreadsheet) and further by division (getting their own tab of each spreadsheet). At first it'll just be a table that's dated at the top and goes by day, and as I further learn how Google Sheets works, possibly include some more accessibility options, like seeing each of the scores from each event and seeing the change in scores from event to event. I've been contemplating using the more powerful Microsoft Excel, but the convenience of hosting and editing all online just makes Sheets more appealing at the moment since literally anyone that can play FMA can access the spreadsheets made there.
I am, however, teaching myself how to code and make websites, and once that time and effort pays off I can really start making fully customizable and accessible FMA resources with and for the amazing members of this community! ...which thanks by the way, you people are epic
connorgavin7502
ECAA Director of Bands
mceuph
I uploaded two possibilities for mine
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
sweet I uploaded logos for my groups
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
mrmanny620
Done and excited

Also for those who don't know, if you want to make your own logo, use a vector based program instead of a pixel based one. The final product will look much smoother and cleaner.
Sound of the Times Drum Corp (Re-Est. 82)

Member of DTG
connorgavin7502
This is a good point but if someone ends up just uploading a rough outline of what they want, I would be more than happy to create a finalized vector design based on the outline provided and in the case I find myself working on a logo for a group, I'm going to try and make it as involved as the group would like it to be so that every detail is endorsed by the director of the group.
Thank you to those who've submitted so far, it's pretty cool just to see what images we can start to associate with these groups :D
connorgavin7502
ECAA Director of Bands
Dreems2
Posted mine!
Dreems- Director of:
-(HOPE) Lake Orion High School Marching Band
-(ROYAL) LOHS Winter Percussion
-(INS) Metamorphosis Color Guard
-(DCL) Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps
davidmsmith87
I just uploaded mine as well.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
LithiumNitro
This really made me take a look at my logos and decide maybe I need to fully update these, will post in a couple of days.
Rose City Performing Arts Association - Portland, OR

~ Rose City DBC • Compass Rose MB • Rose City Independent • Bridge City PE ~
davidmsmith87
If anybody needs a logo I’ll be happy to help. I have a degree in design and do things like this all the time.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0