Login Create Account
Season 94: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc
20parisn20
Good luck to all this new season!
Founder of the DTG League (Drum Corps Together)
Founder of the DLTG League (Drumlines Together)
Founder of the CGTG League (Color Guards Together)
Founder of MBTG League (Marching Bands Together)
nasjere
Good luck everyone!
EchoSpark
Good luck everyone!
Legacy DBC
SunshineDoodles
Let's do this!! Best of luck to everyone!!
Wondermint Rainbow Performance Ensemble (Est. S - 74)
Wondermint Rainbow Cavaliers (Est. S - 75)
Wonderment Rainbow Silks and Spinners (Est. - 75)
Wonderment Rainbow Rhythm (Est. - 76)
EchoSpark
To continue the thread from the last season board, this is the type of stuff Jimmy posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyMarchingArts/comments/l83ekb/recap_roundup_season_92_fma_drum_corps_world/
Legacy DBC
SunshineDoodles
Thanks for posting the link Echo!! That is an amazing write up Jimmy!! I personally think it would be great if we could come up with some other folks to take another of the disciplines and did the same thing with each one. I'm up for taking on the MB discipline if we can get couple more for CG and DL. We can't expect Jimmy to do them all. It has to be very time consuming!! Any other takers?
lemon
I'd be willing to take up one of the other two if only i knew the first thing about independent drumlines/guards. IRL I'm a drum corps guy at heart
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
I will take up guard if nobody else does
Legacy DBC
SunshineDoodles
I am right there with you Lemon on the DL and Guards!!
ChrisRohn
Continuing from the thread from last season, Alex usually responds to email. You should write up your proposals and see what he says. From my past correspondence with him my impression is that he is generally not planning on making any more changes to the game but if you have a team of people willing to volunteer the work and a clear plan of what you want to do he might be into it. Never know until you ask.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
SunshineDoodles
Hi Chris! I agree completely with you. Alex has always been very responsive to my emails and always willing to listen. I am going to reach out to Alex but like you I think we need to have a clear plan and what we're asking him to do. That being said, I would like for us as a group to throw out ideas that we would like to see changed or added, ideas about recruitment.......etc. I'll be happy to compile the feedback and take it to Alex and see what he says and then we can go from there.
lemon
This is actually something I've been thinking about for a bit. I don't have any practical experience with coding or anything like that but I have some ideas that might be fun/useful.

For one, color guard scoring seems to be pretty broken, with the whole top 4 getting nearly perfect scores every season, so maybe an adjustment or something to that circuit? I also think there's an issue with divisions, where there's a trillion people in div 3 and an underpopulated div 1 and 2. This might be a radical idea for how long these systems have been in place, but maybe we could merge the upper scorers in div 2 into div 1 and the lower scorers of div 2 into div 3? Or maybe even make a new division 4?

Also speaking of divisions, I think it'd be fun to have a BOA/DCI style grand national competition for each type of group at the end of the season, where everybody competes regardless of division.

I know I had a couple more ideas floating around my head somewhere but the thoughts escape me at the moment

Edit: OH! Regional competitions! What ever happened to those? I wasn't around when they were here but they sound like a great thing and I can't really think of why they would go away
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
I agree with the divisons thing, theyre not broken per say since they worked really well back when there were a lot of people playing but the system works less well when you have 30 groups a season, I think divisons should be based on the amount of groups existing rather than dividing all the groups existing into 3 it should split them into groups based on how many groups there are, so some seasons we have 2 divisions and some seasons we could have 4. I think this would also be a lot more fair when there are large influxes of players.
Legacy DBC
SunshineDoodles
Both of those are good ideas! So we now have our first issue that we would like to talk to Alex about. Some how we need to come to a consensus on what our preference would be and to get more people than us 4 or 5 to participate in helping us come up with the game plan.
lemon
A press release or news announcement would probably get more attention since it'll be on the front page
Lemony fresh!
lemon
...have you guys seen the 2 most recent players in the player directory?
Lemony fresh!
nasjere
How do we get into contact with a moderator? That behavior is disgusting.
nasjere
I've already emailed Alex, I don't. know what other options are available
SunshineDoodles
Unbelievable how people can be so hateful!
Igloo
What the heck is this we gotta ban the new ones