Login Create Account
Competition dates are not changeable
Alex
 -infinity
At the beginning of every season I get a lot of requests to change competition dates. Unfortunately I just don't have the time right now to change a bunch of dates. In the future it might be useful to have a way to change your date, however right now its just not going to happen. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause and hopefully you can forgive me.

Please be careful about your competitions! Double check the date!!!
cire
Definitely understandable.. I was guilty of this as well.

Maybe one solution would be to let the director delete their show completely and have the show money price returned (or say 75% returned) UNLESS there is a group that has been accepted (or maybe even applied to the group). Returning only a percentage will keep people from changing dates unless they really want to.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Hypothesis
I had this problem last season, I learned that we need to be more careful when setting the date, If something is wrong it will resent to the nearest date. This happens with cost of the show. Just have to make sure if you change anything or the page refreshes that you double check. I learned this the hard way.
Good luck this season everyone.
Director of:
Open all Knights Drum Corps
Kentucky Mustangs Marching Band
Static Guard winter guard
Majestix (Magic Stix) Drum Line
All proud members of ECC Region 3
Alex
 -infinity
To reiterate for Season 8, please be careful when setting your show dates.
phineas
PRETTY PLEASE ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET US CHANGE DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey Valenzuela(composer/Musical Genius)
See me on Facebook in 2012
cire
You can change it next season.

"To reiterate please be careful when setting your show dates."
BaritoneB1
For your convenience, Alex, I (and maybe cire as well) would be willing to take on the responsibility of date-changing, with restrictions like cire mentioned Nov. 2, 2010 (groups already accepted).
cire
I don't think peoples lack of attention (mine included) should become someone elses wasted time. If anything, I would suggest to have a confirmation after submitting the form "You have selected this date, this price, and this many seats. Click yes to confirm, no to cancel"
phineas
I need to change the name of my competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey Valenzuela(composer/Musical Genius)
See me on Facebook in 2012
bando
The names of your show look fine. Just one used an upper case O... not all that tragic. Just watch out for it next season.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Alex
 -infinity
As a reminder, the reason we can't change event dates after they are created is because of the rules governing event applications. If an event has attending groups, then changing the date can cause conflicts with other events (if a group is already attending an event on the same day) as well as possibly causing problems with the cap of 5 events per week for each performing group. Not to mention the fact that it would be confusing to log in and see your events switched around to days you didn't originally book.

Occasionally, I have moved events when there were no attendees yet, but that's a rare case and you shouldn't count on it.
kmarti6
I just wanted to point out that empire brass somehow has two shows one on the 13th (which is full) and one on the 14th which has not accepted anyone.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
zanetaylor53
Is their any way you can change the spelling of something in your show repertoire?
- Zanetaylor53
Santa Clara Vanguard (ICE)
The President's Own (USBEA)
Chrome Thunder (BEAT)
US School of Color (FLAG)
RedEastMovement
To Zane:

Nope. I've been trying now for three seasons.
I guess Alex really wanted us to make sure before we made our show choices just like real life lol
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Make your choices knowing that they will be final
Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R