Login Create Account
League of Unspecified Identity
ChrisRohn
Welcome to the League of Unspecified Identity!

With ensembles spanning all four circuits and all three divisions, we are FMA's largest premiere league!

As of June 2012, our membership consists of 43 drum corps, 29 marching bands, 37 color guards and 41 drumlines.

All league event dates are on the odd days of the season.

Take advantage of our [unspecified] array of events by accepting your invitation to the League of Unspecified Identity today.

Our league profiles which feature this season's league and member events are available at the following locations:

UNSP-Corps: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/13
UNSP-Band: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/14
UNSP-Guard: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/15
UNSP-Drums: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/16

Show [unspecified] unity! Set your avatar to http://www.rohn.org/cui/unspec90x64.png

It's a great time to be [unspecified]!

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
ChrisRohn
In just 24 hours the League of Unspecified Identity has become FMA's largest premier league. With 76 ensembles and counting, spanning all four circuits and all three divisions, I anticipate we will easily break 100 membership for this season. This is great news for all of us!

If you have an invitation to join, you have been hand selected to be a part of a league that will in time create an impressive "tour of champions" style unlimited-in membership events with initial focus on the first two weeks of the season. This strategy should allow us to easily complete our schedules while gaining a clear grasp on where we stand competitively within FMA.

This thread should be treated as a general forum on our league for discussion, questions, and friendly trash-talking that will help us all get to know one another much better.

Thank you for accepting your invite into the League of Unspecified Identity!

It's a great time to be [unspecified]!

Spartans23
Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
ChrisRohn
Me too.

It is anticipated that all events will at minimum break even or post a hefty profit. I will make clear to the membership where we stand financially at the beginning of each season, and size our early season events according to the budget. The larger the league becomes, the faster we will be able to host unlimited-in events and expand the schedule beyond our current six hosted competitions.

Aside from our early season focus, I think what sets this league apart is that there will be no negotiation or restrictions placed on how or when you organize your ensemble's home show. One of the reasons why I previously never joined a league was because I saw no need to limit my game play. I like having the ability to accept or deny who I want, who am I to try to enforce that kind of restriction on you?

This should play out very well and I think this is going to be exciting for the membership!

a11igat0r
Guard-Tastic and Drum-Tastic are now open and awaiting applications...
Woody
Director - Graffiti
- Graffiti Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
----Season 21 Division 1 World Champion
- Graffiti-ini Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
- Graffiti Winter Guard (D1)
- Graffiti Drum L
gcurrier
after all these seasons--my Marching Band gave in and joined a league! Marching Knights will bring us back another GOLD!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ChrisRohn
Congratulations, [unspecified]!

We currently have 31 corps, 20 bands, 30 guards and 29 drumlines! Awesome!

Lets talk the numbers on our first two events:

Based on attendance records, our June 5 exhibition events earned the [unspecified] league $30,900. Also based on attendance records, our June 7 competition events earned the [unspecified] league $48,660. That averages to almost $20,000 per circuit on just our first two events!

I am more than confident we will be capable of organizing our Season 10 schedule as planned.

I apologize for not getting a chance to individually welcome our member organizations here on the forum, but I do want to let you know about today's new members. Please join me in welcoming the Arachnophobia and Imperial Sound organizations to [unspecified]!

As our membership grows I get more excited about the potential for this organization. We are already exceeding expectations!

If you haven't already seen the results from tonight's shows, check them out here:

Corps: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4491
Div1: Corps of Unspecified Identity | Div2: Sound of the Valley | Div3: The Pride

Band: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4493
Div1: Band of Unspecified Identity | Div2: Tidewater Raptors | Div3: Blue Moon Marching Regiment

Guard: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4492
Div1: Guard of Unspecified Identity | Div2: Guard of the Valley

Drums: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4494
Div1: Drums of Unspecified Identity | Div2: Double Time | Div3: Umpire

We are off to such a great start. Lets keep up the amazing work!

Its a great time to be [unspecified]!

ChrisRohn
Its a great day, [unspecified]!

We currently have 33 corps, 20 bands, 30 guards and 30 drumlines! Woohoo!

Lets talk the numbers on tonight's event:

Based on attendance records, our June 9 competition earned the [unspecified] league $77,860. That averages to $19,465 per circuit! Three of the four events were oversold to standing room only. The crowds were amazing and the vibe was unreal. It couldn't be a better night for drum corps!

If you haven't already seen the results from tonight's shows, check them out here:

Corps: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4506
Attending Audience: 1,174 / 1,000 Attending Groups: 14 / 15
Div1: The Emerald Riders | Div2: Crimson Eagle Regiment | Div3: Imperial Sound

Band: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4505
Attending Audience: 939 / 1,000 Attending Groups: 10 / 15
Div1: Band of Unspecified Identity | Div2: Heritage Marching Band | Div3: Imperial Sound High School Band

Guard: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4504
Attending Audience: 911 / 800 Attending Groups: 12 / 15
Div1: Wonder Girls | Div2: Blue Demons | Div3: Imperial Sound

Drums: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/4507
Attending Audience: 869 / 800 Attending Groups: 13 / 15
Div1: Mercury | Div2: Blue Demons | Div3: Drumming Drummers

Hy2013
Hydro Colorguard is proud to be *Unspecified* :D
Hy2013, Director of Colorguards
ChrisRohn
Please join me in welcoming Marching Panthers to the league! They are an amazing ensemble and a welcome edition to our corps league.

We had a few competitions while I've been out, so let me update you on the league's financial situation to date:

Corps: $94,880
Band: $109,760
Guard: $77,960
Drums: $79,440

These numbers are estimated based on ticket sales for events that have happened to date, including pre-sales for tonight's events. Based on these numbers we should have no problem providing six early-season member events for 30 ensembles in our corps, drums, and guard circuits, and even more band events that can host 20 ensembles (our current membership) if the league decides that is the direction we want to go.

I would like to hear from our band directors to gauge whether you would like to stick to the originally planned six event schedule, or expand those events into the season's third week. If we stick to the original plan we will definitely have a financial surplus in band which isn't a bad thing. Lets discuss!

We are having an [unspecified] season thus far, with [unspecified] members performing very [unspecified]. The crowd has been extremely [unspecified] at all of our events, a number of them selling out with standing room and back field bleacher seating.

You are all amazing! It's a great time to be [unspecified]!

bando
I'd like to congratulate the [unspecified] organization for completely dominating the IIEA Independent A class. =P Too lazy to figure out where else you are dominating right now. haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ChrisRohn
Good afternoon, [unspecified]!

Our membership currently has 35 drum corps, 22 marching bands, 32 color guards and 32 drumlines. This is great news!

Now that the Season 9 [unspecified] event series is over, planning is underway for our events in Season 10. In my previous communication in this thread I provided our estimated revenues for our Season 9 events which are quite impressive! We should all be proud because this is an amazing start for our organization.

The estimated funds available will provide the following event series for Season 10:

Event Dates: July 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29.

DRUM CORPS
7 events - 35 ensemble capacity per event
Tier 3 "Day Show" - 15 Corps - $5,000
Tier 4 "Evening Show" - 20 Corps - $8,500
Total cost per event - $13,500
Total event series cost - $13,500 x 7 = $94,500
Remaining revenue - $380

MARCHING BAND
7 events - 25 ensemble capacity per event
Tier 5 "Evening Show" - 25 Bands - $13,500
Total cost per event - $13,500
Total event series cost - $13,500 x 7 = $94,500
Remaining revenue - $15,260

COLOR GUARD
Tier 3 "Day Show" - 15 Color Guards - $4,000
Tier 4 "Evening Show" - 20 Color Guards - $6,800
Total cost per event - $10,800
Total event series cost - $10,800 x 7 = $75,600
Remaining revenue - $2,360

DRUMLINE
Tier 3 "Day Show" - 15 Drumlines - $4,000
Tier 4 "Evening Show" - 20 Drumlines - $6,800
Total cost per event - $10,800
Total event series cost - $10,800 x 7 = $75,600
Remaining revenue - $3,840

As of today this schedule will accommodate all of our member ensembles with room to grow in the Band, Guard and Drum circuits. I am really pleased with the way this is working out and I think you will be, too! We're only going up from here!

Its a great time to be [unspecified]!

ChrisRohn
With season 10 just around the corner, now is a great time to accept your invite to the League of Unspecified Identity. It will establish your ensemble into the league ahead of season 10 scheduling and give you a head start on filling those first two weeks that are historically so hard to fill.

Aside from our early season focus, what sets this league apart is that there is no negotiation or restrictions placed on how or when you organize your ensemble's home show. One of the reasons why I previously never joined a league was because I saw no need to limit my game play. I like having the ability to accept or deny who I want, who am I to try to enforce that kind of restriction on you?

Our schedule is going to be amazing next season. Its a great time to be [unspecified]!

hostrauser
The Bohemian Maidens color guard and Qatar Heroes drum line are looking forward to being [unspecified] in Season 10.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
ChrisRohn
We are looking forward to watching your ensembles thrive with the League of Unspecified Identity!

gcurrier
Are we anti league championships? I think we should have an unspecified championships
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ChrisRohn
I'll crunch the numbers and see if I can work in an unlimited-in for the end of the second week. Band can handle it, the other three I'm not so sure about.

ChrisRohn
Actually, band won't need it because there are 24 members and I'm supplying 25 ensemble shows. The July 29 band show will be called the "Championship of Unspecified Identity."

QUESTION FOR THE MEMBERSHIP:
As far as Corps, Drums and Guard go, would you rather have an unlimited-in Championship on July 29 and fewer spots available for the other six shows? Or would you prefer seven shows where you have an almost guaranteed in?

EDIT: I can make this work with all-in championships on July 29. What I'll have to do for corps, drums and guard is create "morning", "day" and "evening" shows for each event consisting of 1x Tier 3 and 2x Tier 2 events per day, permitting 35 ensembles on all but one of the days, where there will need to be 3x Tier 2 events allowing 30 ensembles. It divides our events into three parts instead of two parts per day, but almost everyone will still be able to compete on each day.

The eventual goal is to have all of our league shows in the "unlimited-in" format, but the funds just aren't there quite yet.

ChrisRohn
Update on event creation delay:

The league has received significantly less in available funds than the price/attendee estimate I had created from last season. I have send Alex a message and will update you on the result.

DCIGuy
Am I supposed to wait to create an event?