Login Create Account
Weekly League Rankings Competition (There's a prize (Alex?))
scooter92011
Who's up for a little competition inside of a competition? Their is a prize to the winners (Only if Alex agrees (No $money$ is involved (Well my money is), it's T-Shirts (Ghetto handmade T-Shirts (O.k. maybe not too ghetto))) and if I'm not broke at the time the winners win (Then the prize will be late.).). Shut it grammar Nazis. Yeah I'm lame, thanks. Ok seriously,

We all know that we can clearly see who is the overall winner of each division every season, but what about leagues? Yes, I know most of you guys and girls go by the number of wins in each league or the number of ensembles in the top 10 that belongs to a league. Well, lets take this more in depth. (I'm going to make this short and sweet because I had a book typed out was about to hit post and the power went out.)

I came up with an idea, while I was doing nothing at work, to come up with some type of formula (inspired by the scoring of gymnastics events) to make up a league ranking each week to show you guys who's in the lead. But there's a twist:

Rule #1 - Each league will be represented by 7 ensembles. (You must have 7 active ensembles)
How is that fair you say?

Rule #2 - The president of each league will choose 7 ensembles that will be representing. (This sentence does not sound right!!!!)
That's still not fair?

Rule #3 - The league president in their choosing will number each ACTIVE ensemble in his/her league. Rule #3A: That said president can deny any ensemble's participation for any said reason. (Mainly, ensembles that like to take a nap in the middle of the season).

I will insert each number (not ensemble) into a scrambler and the scrambler will shoot out 7 random numbers. Those 7 ensembles will represent the league. How do we know you won't be cheating? - The scrambling will be posted on Youtube through an onscreen recorder.

Rule #4 - I will not, I repeat, I will not change ensembles in the middle of the season no matter how much you beg me!

Rule #5 (Scoring Rule) - Each ensemble MUST provide me with their visual difficulty (DC,MB,DL) and movement difficulty (WG). They will be factored into your overall score.

Rule #6 (Scoring Rule) - NO LEAGUE EVENTS WILL BE SCORED. (Only one league represents in a league event. It wouldn't be fair for a league to host 10 competitions, which would automatically give them a lot of points.) 1st and 2nd place winnings of each ensemble in a non-league competition is factored into the overall score.

Rule #7 The CRAZY rule (Scoring Rule) - The Top 3 and bottom two ensembles are the only ensembles scored each week.
Then why do you need 7? - All seven groups will be used in finals, but during competition week, they are used as tiebreakers. What if there is a tie in finals? I really doubt there will be a tie through this formula, but if there is, the ENTIRE league will be scored.

Rule #8 - There are no more rules. (Not unless you give me some more ideas.)

So if you're down with this idea, just tell me below. If you think this is stupid, still tell me below (I love hate mail). Suggestions, comments, concerns, gossip welcomed! Remember you get a ghetto-not-so-ghetto T-Shirt made by me if your league wins. God that's a lot of T-Shirts.

This process will be done entirely on a website and through Youtube. Since this is a new idea, rankings will start on week 3 this season. Rankings will be updated every Saturday night at 9:02PMEST/8:02PMCST......7:02PM(MST)...... 6:02(PST)............ 5:02(Alaska).... 4:0 yeah I'm sure you got it. Thanks for reading. All league presidents that are interested in participating please send me an E-Mail (FMA Mail). I have to iron out some edges so bare with me.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
KyleG6
Didn't quite understand rule 6 but WGI is in and we will be the color guard winner.
scooter92011
I updated rule 6. Thanks for the feedback and I have you down!
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
saxamattone
Sounds interesting! You definitely put a lot of thought into it!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
I'm too tired tonight to get it lol promise I will read tomorrow and respond!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
SaxophoneMan
Yeah, I'm the same as gcurrier! But we'll definitely discuss this and get back on tomorrow to respond.
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
MrsRomo
I don't remember what I set my difficulties on though.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
idandy
Your difficulty is located under your rehearsal options (flags or weapons, full ensemble ect.) labeled "challenge levels"
kmarti6
I will also read this over and figure it all out tomorrow. Also you sure you want to make shirts? I mean I think it might be cool if some poster or something was made for the winning leagues, not only is this cheaper but it also adds new content to the website. Just saying
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
cire
How about for those not in any leagues?
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
scooter92011
Cire I was going to get to that. I was way too lazy to get up the list of non-league ensembles for every division.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
gcurrier
I think CLASS is in. Not sure I'm completely understanding all of it but will add one more level to the game!

deadlybacon7
I'll talk to my Board of Directors, we'll come to a decision soon. Seems like a fun idea though.
Director - Metal Marching Organization
Founder - WKGs
Founder - BoFe
Stradivarius
What shows will you be using for the scoring?
12 years later
scooter92011
Everything will make more sense when I have everything mapped out onto the website I plan on crreating tonight. This is just a rough draft of what it will be like. I will use shows that have a representative(s) from each participating league, but not league events, because only one league competes in a league event. We still need more leagues to join. Deadline is May 1st for all leagues to join the competition.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
Whiskers14
Trying to think hmmm. I might have enough d2 and surely have enough d3
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline
Jhawk
I'll send a message out to IDEA and see if anyone wants to participate in this.
Ivory Brigade
kmarti6
I will message the board of MAoMA and will let you know what will happen in the next few days. So would we need to get 7 groups from each division or would it be 7 groups total?
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
gcurrier
If we need 7 per Division, CLASS will once again have an issue I'm afraid.

idandy
NO NO NO, anyone representing in the 7 spots can be from any division. It's going to be like the USSBA v.s. BOA v.s. blah-blah-blah ect