Login Create Account
SkyTeam Official Rankings
oumondragon
Welcome to the official SkyTeam rankings. After every SkyTeam event, all SkyTeam certified groups are ranked to see who is the highest flyer in the virtual marching arts community.
In this ranking system you will score points based on your overall placement in each SkyTeam event (regardless of division, and within our leagues of course). The overall placement will be based on points then overall FMA score.
Trophies:

STADC/STAMP/STAGE/STAMB High-Flyers' Trophy - given to the group with the highest points accumulated in each league regardless of division
SkyTeam Alliance Ultimate Trophy - given to the director with the highest points accumulated in the SkyTeam Alliance, regardless of league or division.

Asides from trophies, medals and honours will also be announced for each league in SkyTeam

Wright Brothers Medal - awarded to the group with the best show idea/design, this will be voted by all members of the league
Amelia Earhart Award - awarded to the group with the most improvement in either division. This is determined by comparing the FMA score from the start of the season till the end and also comparing it to scores of previous seasons(if needed)
Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger Award (Sully Award for short) - awarded to the best newcomer in either division. A newcomer is defined as a group founded only 2 seasons or less prior to the current season. (will not be awarded if there are no newcomers in that current season)

Score system:

At the conclusion of each SkyTeam event, the participants will score points towards the High-Flyers' Trophy, and the SkyTeam Alliance Ultimate Trophy, according to the following scale:

1st : 23 points
2nd : 19 points
3rd : 17 points
4th : 13 points
5th : 11 points
6th : 7 points
7th : 5 points
8th : 3 points
9th : 2 points
10th and beyond: 1 point

In order to score points groups must participate in SkyTeam events.
Placements are determined by FMA score. Should there be a tie in FMA score, the tied groups will receive the same placement and points and the group below will be moved up a spot on placement e.g. 2 way tie for 5th highest scoring groups, both earn 5th place and 6th place awarded to the 7th highest scoring group. 3 way tie for 2nd highest scoring groups, all three earn 2nd place and 3rd place awarded to 4th highest scoring group. This is to allow for groups in lower placement to still earn a substantial amount of points.

I will be keeping track of rankings as the season goes on, I will post updates on this forum here and there along with a link to the spreadsheet form I use to rank everyone. If you have any concerns or ideas for this ranking system please let me know. :)

Rule change 1: Whatever name your group uses for the first skyteam event they participate in will be the name they use for the rest of that season
oumondragon
Minutemen Drum & Bugle Corps
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
oumondragon
Here is the current rankings after the 9/2/18 SkyTeam events

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_1yMWZLXyFvtZ-uQWxPHdxX_M-7DZkVfjAgk7IMcvI/edit?usp=sharing

Not much to say as it's the first event(s) of the season, as the season goes on it will definitely get much more interesting.
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
JoeBraeuner
What a cool concept! Love to see stuff like this on the site
Father Ryan Color Guard - 6x DI gold; 18x DI finalist
Father Ryan Drumline - 5x DI gold; 17x DI finalist
Father Ryan Band - 5x DI gold; 14x DI finalist
Nashville Sound - 5x DI gold; 13x DI finalist
oumondragon
Here are the current rankings after the 9/6/18 SkyTeam events

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_1yMWZLXyFvtZ-uQWxPHdxX_M-7DZkVfjAgk7IMcvI/edit?usp=sharing

No shakeups in the top three for every Skyteam league, a few moves up and down for a few groups but nothing major for now.

2 things I will like to announce:

First of all, if you are in a SkyTeam league make sure to join your leagues events if you want to earn points for rankings, some teams today didn't earn points because they didn't participate today and missing just one event could hurt your ranking. If you aren't in a league you are more than welcome to join either STADC, STAMP, STAGE, and/or STAMB. We are always looking for new groups to carry under our wings(Pun intended)

Secondly The SkyTeam event "SkyTeam Open" will not count towards the rankings since non-SkyTeam groups will be participating and that will create some complications with scoring. Maybe one day in the future I will make it count towards the rankings but for now that is not the case.

Anyways that is all I have to say. Hope y'all have a good day :)
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
oumondragon
Here are the current rankings after the 9/9/18 SkyTeam events

Sorry if this is late, I got home late Sunday night, I was barely able to get rehearsal points and was too tired to record rankings, keep an eye out for Thursdays rankings, and make sure to sign up for skyteam events if you want to be ranked
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
JoeBraeuner
I'm eventually gonna drop in these rankings lol. There were a couple league events I didn't sign up for.
Father Ryan Color Guard - 6x DI gold; 18x DI finalist
Father Ryan Drumline - 5x DI gold; 17x DI finalist
Father Ryan Band - 5x DI gold; 14x DI finalist
Nashville Sound - 5x DI gold; 13x DI finalist
oumondragon
Here are the current rankings after the 9/13/18 skyteam rankings

A shakeup in STADC. Each1teach1 passed sky ryders and is now in 2nd place. They currently have a high fma score than SIA scouts so only time will tell if Each1 will get first.

Other than that, no major news coming from skyteam events. Make sure to keep joining events!
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
oumondragon
Here are the current rankings after the 9/16/18 skyteam events

Two things I will note. One, since Blue regiment and synchronicity tied in FMA score during the STAMB event they will both place in 9th overall for the event and both earn 2 points, I could possibly create a tiebreaker for that situation but it doesn't seem like it'll be a huge problem. This will be the procedure that is done whenever there is a tie in score(which is rare but occasionally happens like it did today)

Second, due to some groups constantly changing their names throughout the season I am now applying this rule: whatever name you use in the first skyteam event you participate in will be the name you use for the remainder of the season. its a pain to constantly check and change the names of groups for every event and it also makes it harder for me to keep track of the right groups. This rule will stay in place until I feel less annoyed or when groups stop constantly changing their names.

Thats all for today, keep joining those events and have a good week :)
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
oumondragon
Here are the rankings for the 9/20/18 skyteam rankings

Big changes in STAMB, almost everybody up and down a spot, including the top two!

Other than that, no major news, make sure to join those events and have a good weekend
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
oumondragon
Here are the official rankings after the 9/23/18 skyteam events

sorry that i didn't post this earlier. School and band kinda gets in the way of things ya know. Barely even have time to do rehearsals and check the forums, Hopefully tomorrow I can get this posted on time.

Also, I will soon be looking at candidates for the wright brothers medal(best show design), nominations will be posted next week before fma finals. I will be nominating three shows from every league. Those three will be put into a straw poll and any skyteam member can vote for their favorite show.

Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next rankings post :)
oumondragon
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion