Login Create Account
Please Help! WHITE SHOES OR BLACK SHOES?
JoelKelley
We are getting new uniforms and I am arguing with my director over wether we should get white or black shoes... What do y’all think? Which looks better? We will have black bibbers with a white and gold stripe.
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
theamazing1
Black! It looks more slick on turf . Plus if the weather gets weird where you live stepping in mud puddles would be a little bit easier - or just anything that will make a white shoe not white lol
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Stradivarius
Shoes should always match the bibbers
12 years later
CTrain
I'd say Black.
With white shoes against primarily black bibbers, it's easier to see any visual discrepancy from a general spectator/judge point of view, competitive or non.

However, If your group can pull off white shoes against black/white bibs, it would look cool, especially if it's clean. Which would give more of a motivation to pay attention to the minute details: matching/consistent step sizes, foot positions, forward/backwards slides, yatta yatta.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
Stradivarius
Think of blue stars this year. They had blue jean color pants and Tims colored shoes. IT WAS BAD
12 years later
JoelKelley
What about spats?

Well, the older Blue Star uniforms and most drum corps in the 70s-80s had white shoes with darker bibs.
H. Kelley

JoelKelley
White shoes or spats?
H. Kelley