Login Create Account
International Indoor Ensemble Association Returns!
bando
This season we will start with two events - the IIEA Western Regional on June 10th and the IIEA Finals Events on June 23rd for Percussion and June 24th for Colorguards.

Colorguard Ensembles: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/2
Percussion Ensembles: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/3

"Welcome to the International Indoor Ensemble Association! At the IIEA, we believe in promoting healthy competition and hope all our competitors feel encouraged.

The IIEA looks for involved members of FMA to lead and create a community among its members. The IIEA uses a separate ranking system and scoring system to add a new level of competitiveness to FMA. If the IIEA sounds interesting to you, feel free to check out our website."

HISTORY:

The IIEA or International Indoor Ensemble Association is an indoor league that was specifically for Indoor groups in FMA of Middle School or High School level, before the addition of the OPEN classification which included collegiate and Drum Corps related ensembles. In season 9, that classification was renamed as Independent. The IIEA has been around since Season 4, and is the third oldest league on FMA. Season 10's addition of the Open class helped the very condensed World class. It is unique because of its own use of class divisions and the separation of Scholastic and Independent groups to give it a more realistic feel.

ABOUT:

The International Indoor Ensemble Association is a league specifically for Indoor Percussions/Drumlines and Indoor Colorguards / Winterguards. There are two different types of groups in the IIEA: SCHOLASTIC and INDEPENDENT. There is no scoring difference between the two, but there are scoring differences between classes.

SCHOLASTIC:
Scholastic groups are any group affiliated with a high school or middle school, have the same name as a user's marching band, or are supposed to be made up of students.

INDEPENDENT:
An independent group is any group on FMA that does not compete as a scholastic group.

Classes:

The IIEA further classifies groups into four classes.

NOVICE
---------------
Groups that are in Novice class are groups that have never competed in an IIEA show before, and are usually Division III FMA groups. Groups will move up to the A class upon reaching a score above 90 at any IIEA show before the reclassification deadline or a score above 92 at IIEA finals. IIEA Scoring in Novice class heavily emphasizes Technique and even more so ensemble. Groups are encouraged to build their staff and increase their proficiency in the basics.

A
---------------
This class is generally occupied by Division II and Division I groups. Groups get here from being bumped down from Open class, or bumped up from Novice class. A group will be bumped down to Novice class depending on their IIEA score and the time of the season. A group will be bumped up to Open class if they obtain a score of 90 or higher before the reclassification deadline or a score above 92 at IIEA finals. A class groups are expected to perform as well in technique as ensemble performance. Groups at this level should have a good basic staff and slowly creating a rehearsal style that works for them.

OPEN
---------------
This class is for groups of Division I FMA quality who are not ready to compete with the giants in World Class. Groups here are bumped down from World Class, or bumped up from A Class. A group will be bumped down to A class depending on their IIEA score and the time of the season. A group will be bumped up to World class if they obtain a score of 90 or higher before the reclassification deadline or a score above 92 at IIEA finals. In Open class, judges expect a well established basis of technique and ensemble, but also a high level of effect from the show and its performers.

WORLD
---------------
The highest class in the IIEA, groups here have been bumped up from Open class. These groups tend to be Division I powerhouses in FMA. A group will be bumped down to Open class depending on their IIEA score and the time of the season. World Class groups set a new standard of constantly achieving and produce phenomenal shows. Judges expect high standards across all captions. Groups in the World class have a consistent staff that is knowledgeable and experienced.

IIEA SCORING SYSTEM:

As mentioned in the descriptions of each class, the IIEA has its own scoring system that is used for IIEA Score Reports. What is different? IIEA scoring weights captions differently, allowing for placements to sometimes switch compared to FMA rankings, and scores sometimes look very different than their FMA results. However, captions awards will always remain the same. Novice through A class have emphasis on different captions. Lower classes emphasize ensemble and performance while higher classes begin to emphasize general effect.

IIEA SCORE REPORT:

Competitions hosted by IIEA members are given an IIEA score report where a review and/or score review is given. This report includes a breakdown of IIEA scoring results and a debriefing of IIEA rankings.

Joining the IIEA:

You can join the IIEA by sending the following information about your group:

Choose One: Scholastic OR Independent
Preferred Class: Novice, A, Open, World

IIEA Sponsored Events:

Returning next season, the IIEA sponsors a show every Sunday, with the IIEA Finals held on the last day of Week 5. The IIEA Regionals have a max of 10 groups (Super Regional have 15) to participate in each of the events. Finals is in championship format and allows any number of groups to attend. The IIEA finals is one of the oldest championships on FMA, be sure to get your group in today! IIEA sponsored events are always given a score report.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
bando
In case you want some early history about how leagues came to be on FMA... http://iieafma.weebly.com/history.html :)
Founder of the IIEA

scooter92011
Dang Bando, Republic Venue rode IIEA deep back in the earlier seasons! Send me an invite. I would love to join for guard! I'll know better next season.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
bando
I thought Republic Venue sounded super familiar! Most of the wall of text is just a copy paste job from the old website - so it was a quick post. ;)
Founder of the IIEA

bando
Hey all! For anyone interested, there are three IIEA events so far this season. One at the start, one about halfway through, and then finals! Once a few more members join, I will start the IIEA Reviews once again.

My goal this season is to try to build membership - and the league still has quite the bank. If you are a newer member (or older) and looking to join a league, I plan on adding events later next week as days start to fill up.

I'll be working online for the start of the school year, so I'll be more active.
Founder of the IIEA