Login Create Account
Stetson Marching Arts Shows Revealed!
StampedeStetson
It's that time of the season to announce our shows! i am very excited, I think these are some of the best shows I've created in my time here.

Canada Corps-"Glory for Gold"
Repertoire:
Olympic Spirit-John Williams
Olympic Fanfare-John Williams
Gonna Fly Now-Bill Conti
The Boxer-Simon and Garfunkel
Parade of the Charioteers-Miklós Rózsa
Chariots of Fire-Vangelis
Winter Games-David Foster

This show follows an aspiring young athlete in his pursuit of Olympic glory, from seeing his heroes on TV all the way to the top of the podium! Utilizing recognizable music from the Olympics and athlete movies from the 50s to today, the show closes with Winter Games, the theme from the 1988 Winter Olympics, hosted in Canada Corps' home city of Calgary, AB!

Maple Leaf Percussion-"Reincarnate"
Repertoire:
Cycle Song-Imogen Heap
Minds Without Fear-Imogen Heap
Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap

One of the most important Buddhist principles is Reincarnation. This show is presented in 4 interlaced parts. Cycle Song opens the show in the pursuit of living a fruitful and moral life in the pursuit of reincarnation. Minds Without Fear recognizes the fear and unknown of death, but resolves in the acceptance of the unknown without fear. Finally. Hide and Seek represents the sorrows of death before Cycle Song returns to continue the cycle of reincarnation into the next life.

Alberta X Winterguard-"For Good"
Repertoire:
For Good-Kristen Chenoweth, Idina Menzel

People constantly come and go through our lives. As we interact with them, we change. Some people change us for the better, some for the worse, but all of them change us for good.

Calgary Stetson Showband-"The Circus Roustabout"
Repertoire:
Train's A Comin'-Danny Elfman
Song of the Roustabouts-Cast of Dumbo
Hallelujah-Leonard Cohen
Medea's Dance of Vengeance-Samuel Barber

The circus coming to town inspires joy for all the children! However, the reality is much different for the unskilled labourers behind the curtains. Follow one jolly roustabout as he has had enough of his treatment and takes it into his own hands to murder the abusive ringleader.

Well, those are my shows this season! We here at Stetson Marching Arts will be working tirelessly to improve over last year's already fantastic season!
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)