Login Create Account
Season 88: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc
corndogshuffle
So we're ignoring the FastForward groups, right?
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
blobfish90
Ight who is the guy who just started all 4 groups today in D1 and shafted my groups outta finals?(4 groups for each corp,band) arrgh...jk no hate but sad now
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
Kiwidrummer
Corndogshuffle, yes please. Fast Forward groups will not be recognized. Blobfish, FF is a nightmare to ethical game play who has decided to return. He is the sole reason we, as a community, came up with the People's Choice. At present, he is running 5 groups, 4 of which have over 350,000 influence. Although barely within the rules, his strategy is unethical, if not downright cheating. The person must really have a sad existence to resort to this behavior, all for a medal.

I would actually like to propose that LongSchlongJimmyJohn delete all of his groups from his Unnoficial Rankings and we as a community recognize his spreadsheets as FMA's Official Rankings.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
blobfish90
I get having 1 or 2 accounts but 5? A little excessive. Delete ALL his groups from Unofficial rankings? I mean I'm down but wouldn't he get mad or something? Sorry I have no clue about this guy. Been playing for a year and a half and never saw this happen lol
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
ChrisRohn
I would have been fine with him coming back to play one account, but to reactivate all of them again is pretty outlandish considering the stink he caused years ago.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
For now I will keep his scores in the unofficial rankings. It looks like he has been inactive for about a week now, so at this rate his groups will not be making finals anyways. If he does come back though and his groups continue to dominate the top 12 I'll only consider his highest placing group and ignore the rest.
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
blobfish90
Good idea
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
mceuph
I will step up rehearsing if it means knocking that group out of 12th.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
corndogshuffle
I've always been on the train of "ignore all FastForward groups" because I think any competitive edge he gained anywhere came exclusively from his influence farming. But I understand how it's fair to let one group count.

If anybody would like to do some light reading, here is a four page thread that was going on when all the FastForward stuff originally blew up.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3430
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
wew3987
I just read up on that. Light reading? HA! Just kidding.

Now I know who to not accept into my events, despite me having all of my ensembles in Division II right now.

People like him can just... go away.
ChrisRohn
With all this talk about B groups... I've been considering starting over because scoring 100 every season is starting to get boring lol. But I'll make that decision later. I don't know how people can run multiple accounts, I have a hard enough time keeping up with one.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
blobfish90
Who the hell has the time to make 25 accounts and 2 years worth of time to fundraise influence? I might make a B account once I win with my main for a few times then start over
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
lgpitbull
I’m relatively new around here and I feel like I’m missing something while reading this post. Is FastForward some kind of organization? And is this problem beating caused by one or two players rn or a bunch
/|\ Director of Sierrita/Keystone Marching Arts /|\
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
Keystone Valley HS Indoor Percussion (DLTG)
Keystone Valley HS Marching Band (MBTG)
Sierrita Independent (CGTG)
TheFeshPinceOfBlair
It would seem that FastForward is a user that has made 20+ accounts to boost money and influence for the proper account, pushing several people out of the top 12 that otherwise would have made it
wew3987
Yes he is. But according to his profile he's only scheduled for one competition this season plus (I'm assuming) Prelims and beyond. So Division I is going to be way skewed in all circuits this season thanks to this joker.
lgpitbull
Ah. So that would explain everyone getting bumped down this season. Thanks guys
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
TheFeshPinceOfBlair
I made a rather humorous (if I do say so myself) press release to hopefully shed some light on what he's doing, so hopefully enough people will notice for us to do something about it
lgpitbull
Bahahahahahaha there’s an account from 2015 called “FastForwardIsATool”
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
davidmsmith87
If I get kicked out of finals because of all his groups for drum corps D1, I will quit and never come back. I’m getting very tired of him and what he’s doing. I was one of the Original founders for fantasy marching bend when Alex made all of this.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
Kiwidrummer2
Aftershock NZ B is looking to make a big jump from 19th in D2 after having 10 days of rehearsals without a competition. We are anticipating a move into the mid top 12. Let's hope our performers haven't set their sights too high.....