Login Create Account
Quite Pathetic
Kiwidrummer
Most won't say it, though I know they feel it. Groups are feeling cheated again. To me, this move is right up there with Fast Forward's stuff. Are people really that desperate to have a trophy? I'm not sure of the point that is trying to be made, though I do know that Aftershock Productions is filing a formal protest and absolutely will not recognize or honor this season's top scorer, because truly they are not a champion in my eyes.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
marimbaman89
What are you referring to?
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
corndogshuffle
I'm not sure I follow, either.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
ChrisRohn
I suspect he is referring to me. And I do not equate at all. I've been playing the game faithfully for ten years, and version 1 before that. I have maximized to the point where if I play the game I score 100. There is literally nothing I can do about that except 1) not play, or 2) start over. I'm considering starting over. But really, what's the complaint? That I waited until the last show to perform? I warned everyone about that.

There are players who have held championship dynasties for literally years. This is my fourth season of winning. I really don't see validity in the complaint, if it is me you are referring to.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
marimbaman89
Yeah I guess by his post he's most likely referring to you but I don't think there's a problem at all. Although the game is hardly a competition anymore and a grind instead, there's nothing wrong with building your staff over time to make it possible to get 100's in every ensemble...hate the game not the player if anything.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
mceuph
I did the same thing in Season 69
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
gcurrier
Cire also did it earlier on, so in and of itself isn't new, though I was frustrated when he did it, I get the frustration of not only the "game" currently but the late season entry only. Is it really playing the game? No it Isn't really in my eyes, but is it cheating like the recently returned FF who clearly didn't get the message considering all 4 of his groups are back? No, it's not that either.

I do think it's time for something new because this seems to be dying a slow death. I say this as someone noted as having won more than anyone else, but none of those seasons were perfect, I don't recall one that wasn't a fierce battle until the end. I dare say it was exciting when I almost pulled it off as much as the ones I won! I was not in the running this season, not even close for a multitude of reasons. But it sucks for those who have been working their asses off all season just for same old. Could the same be said for my many wins, of course it could, but those groups always had a chance and always knew exactly where they matched up to the front-runner. Many, that front-runner wasn't me and I had to keep fighting until the last.

I've not even reached 100, other than guard that soon everyone in top 12 will lol however I've too thought about "starting over" or moving on. I hate to see the history I've built just go away, but starting to see no other point.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
EchoSpark
Division two was hopeless for anyone that was division two the season before, and still continues to be hopeless.
Legacy DBC
Kiwidrummer
Chris. I owe you a deep sincere apology. I am really sorry for reacting the way I did. You truly and deservingly won the championships. I acted out of frustration, and yes, it is more in the game itself and not players and how they play. To be absolutely honest, I was looking at a couple personal bests, including high percussion, and saw those down the drain. I must realize though, that regardless of your late entry and a drop in placement, I still achieved some records for Aftershock regardless of placement.

Personally, I'm not sure what we can do to get the practically guaranteed perfect scores under control, I don't want to see anyone not play. That's just detrimental to the whole purpose for being here. I do wonder if there is a way around just completely starting over, as a lot of groups have a very rich and colorful history here. I know it does bring some excitement into building again. I do have an alternative that could be tried by a few groups next season, if only to see what kind of a difference it makes. And it could possibly lead to a 100, though may be more competitive as it may not be guaranteed. It's basically the same principle I use with all my B groups to keep them in Division 2, while actually scoring like DII groups. This has kept me in the top 12, sometimes sweating it out with a lot of work to do, but I've never blown out my competitors by doing this. I basically don't create my B groups until after divisions have been assigned. They receive no practice until that time so in essence I'm giving the other competitors a full weeks headstart on me in building up their captions. I wonder how this approach would pan out with some DI groups. It's basically a self-imposed handicap. Scores may be initially 3-4 points lower starting out, though will definitely improve with the season. It may level final scores out just short of 100. It may be worth a try for some.

Let me know what you guys think and see if we can self fix this. And again, please accept my apologies Chris. This initial post was uncalled for on my part. I just want the game to get better, with everyone feeling they have a fair shot.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
ChrisRohn
I get it. I appreciate the apology. I sort of did something like that - I didn't start full rehearsal until after divisions were set. I'm also on vacation this week so I haven't been able to rehearse as much. We'll see if the season is more competitive! I think my first show is tonight.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department