Season 93: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc
EchoSpark
Finalyl hit 90 with the corps, real happy about that
Legacy DBC
lemon
Congrats! I'm shooting for that next season myself
Lemony fresh!
SunshineDoodles
Concerning the loss of membership of the last few seasons, does anyone have any ideas about ways that we can boost participation? I'm up for investing some time if we can come up with a plan to grow membership.
Wondermint Rainbow Performance Ensemble (Est. S - 74)
Wondermint Rainbow Cavaliers (Est. S - 75)
Wonderment Rainbow Silks and Spinners (Est. - 75)
Wonderment Rainbow Rhythm (Est. - 76)
lemon
I've been making posts about new seasons on the drum corps subreddit but usually only a few people respond
Lemony fresh!
9highcomp
That is having at least a tiny bit of success, as that’s how I found out about this for season 91.
Marching Bassoon Go Brrr
SunshineDoodles
That's GREAT! Glad you're getting some results from that. There has to be a way that we can spread the word to an even broader audience. I don't know, something like running an ad in BOA Contest programs to DCI programs to starting a blog. Of course we would need to get permission from Alex to do those types of things before we did them but who knows, the sky's the limit. I had know idea about FMA until season 74 and it was just a fluke that I found out then. I was sitting at a BOA Regional and some band members where sitting beside me and I heard them talking about it. Got on my phone during a break and found the website. FMA just needs more exposure.
lemon
It would seem that getting a hold of Alex at all has been a pretty big issue for a while now. Those are some good ideas but I think it would also be good to fix whatever is making people leave in the first place cause I remember just a few seasons ago we got 300 participating groups no problem and so many people have left since then
Lemony fresh!
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Hmm a blog sounds like a cool idea. I know that our subreddit creator had a separate website where they would post the recap roundups and rankings. Maybe we could get that rebooted and I can advertise the published content on there to reddit/DCP/discord? I only write drum corps stuff since it's the most popular category, but if anyone had other ideas on what to publish or would like to write things too that would be great!
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
I think for most people the game gets boring after a while. All you gotta do is click buttons and wait for your scores at night lol. But to be fair most fantasy simulation games are like that. Would love to help with an FMA 2.0 that involves more engaging game mechanics (of course if Alex is okay with it).
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
lemon
Maybe we could try getting in touch with Alex somehow?
Lemony fresh!
mrmanny620
I'm up for anything that will make this game more active
Sound of the Times Drum Corp (Re-Est. 82)

Member of DTG
SunshineDoodles
Jimmy the whole reddit/DCP/discord action sounds like an excellent place for us to start. Can you post some links to some of your posts so the rest of us can get an idea of what and how you’re doing. I’ll start trying to reach out to Alex and see what he is comfortable with us doing. Let’s keep bouncing ideas off each other and see what happens.
SunshineDoodles
It would be probably be a good idea for us to move/create this thread in Season 94’s discussion. I think more people would be more likely to see the thread if posted in the current season. Thoughts?