Login Create Account
Season 8 Staff Changes
Alex
 -infinity
The following changes have been made beginning in Season 8:

-Every group may now hire up to 2 Assistant Directors (up from only 1)
-Color Guards may now hire up to 2 Choreographers (up from only 1)
ChrisRohn
Alex,

As FMA's only "maxed" staff ensemble, The Guard of Unspecified Identity thanks you!

We just completed a $52,000 investment in a MAX RANK second assistant director and a level 7 choreographer. We are currently expecting to have our new choreographer at MAX RANK by the end of season 8, at which point we will be in the market for additional investment opportunities.

We very much appreciate the revised staff cap and look forward to the opportunities this will bring the Guard of Unspecified Identity in the seasons to come.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
cire
Or maybe make it more realistic.. where you lose staff members every few seasons and have to find new staff. This will keep it so people who are maxed out, won't have to worry about being maxed out all the time
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
bando
Like^
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ChrisRohn
Dislike^^

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
Alex
 -infinity
I wouldn't do anything where you "lose" staff, although I have considered an "upkeep" cost for staff.

Maybe something along the lines of raising the level cap to 25, then anything above level 20 requires a certain amount of extra money per season.
IMcomJosh
I do enjoy that notion Alex. However, I would think every level should have an upkeep cost. The higher the level, the higher the upkeep. The problem then is, what would happen when your group runs out of money? Would they drop a level perhaps?
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
cire
maybe after so maybe weeks, or a season.. without the upkeep (or paycheck) they will quit
Alex
 -infinity
Something along those lines, or maybe they would decrease in effectiveness until they reached "zero" if unpaid.
Prof
How about a new staff position ?

Marketing and souvie sales.

You make money off of shows you attend by the amount of fans there who buy "stuff"

Buy a wagon and truck for x dollars
Hire the marketing guy for x dollars
The higher he is ranked the more extra money you make

Want more suggestions on how to make your life more complicated ? :-)

bando
FMA1 had the ability to rank up equipment, why not add that back in? I like the staff pay thing.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Bullseye452
If we keep adding more staff members, we will eventually be back to the original problem. I like the idea of an upkeep cost.
MUMK - Div. II Marching Band
Nebula - Div. II Winter Guard
Super Adventure Club - Div. II Drumline
Gold Armada - Div. II Drum Corps
cire
Yeah.. you can add say 100 new staff, or equipment or whatever you want.. but people will still max it out eventually and will (probably) complain that they have nothing to spend their money on.

If you don't want "lose/replace" staff or things you purchase, an upkeep cost is the way to go. Maybe not necessarily an upkeep, but more like a rehiring process.. (unless you are thinking the same thing?)

For example.. you start out with basic staff, all level one. You slowly build their levels higher, but as they get better, they are also going to want to be compensated or "paid" more and will want a raise to come back the next season.. Say you now have a level 20 director.. he is going to want $1000 to stay for another season.. if you dont have $1000, then you will lose him but will get the chance to higher another director at level 15 for $800, or a level 10 for $500, etc.. if you dont have money, maybe you can get a level 1 for free.

The only downside to doing it this way is that with how the money is set up now, everyone would probably be losing a lot of staff since the only people who could afford it are those that have 50k saved up, or whatever.. I think there would have to be a change in how much people can make, so that they would be able to afford at least some of it, without making it impossible to play each season (and not have to sit out just to gain money)