Login Create Account
Division Placement
20DM12
Shouldn't divison placement be score based?? Large score gaps occuring from the first day of a season in divisons just doesnt seem right. What if there was a competiton the first day of the season that every group took part in and then divisions were created based off of score. Simply cutting the scores into thirds.
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
Alex
 -infinity
Divisions should not be based solely on scores. In your scenario, a level 50 group could be placed in Division III if it did not rehearse the first week, then end up 10 points ahead of the pack once they started rehearsing.

For that reason, Divisions are based on many different criteria including director level, influence, past performance, and money available.
JohnSousajunior
Alas, A band won division 3 and stays in division 3 but the Talented and Gifted School for the Blind takes 2nd in division 3 but gets kicked up to division 2.....

( shrugs )
Alex
 -infinity
Correct. This happened in Drum Corps Division III Finals as well.

Alas, both of those 2nd place groups would be well ahead of the 1st place groups if the division system based itself on previous Finals placements alone.

And, because divisions are not based solely on Finals placements, the 2nd place band from last season's corps Finals is scoring roughly 3 points ahead of the band that took 1st but stayed in Division III, both being in the 10-20 region of their respective divisions.

I would say the system can always be tweaked, its not perfect, but don't look at scores and placements alone.
cire
Agreed. Also take into consideration that stats type games like this, are based on a formula.. if the formula is too easy, or figured out easily.. all someone needs to do is create a spreadsheet, plug in some numbers.. and boom. 1st place.. and noone will be able to stop them. I don't do this, but I know people do/have, and have said so in the forums.. It's not technically cheating, so noone can really complain, but the formula or however division placement and scores are calculated should be change each season or so (slightly at least) so that the game is not TOO predictable.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
ChrisRohn
I was a bit surprised I remained in Division II this season, but I'll take it. If you compare my ensembles to Division I, I still can't compete with those guys (with exception of guard, maybe).

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department