Login Create Account
Applications
Alex
 -infinity
The old system didn't work better, I just didn't expect this kind of problem and so there will need to be some changes to try to get people to realize that they need to confirm applicants. This is simply a different way of dealing with show hosting, one that I feel will be worth it once the kinks are worked out. It was not intended to be a "fix".

I will try to finish the FMA sponsored event system as soon as possible. Please bear with me in the meantime.
nickthammond
Well, I kind of agree with you, but, not every aspect of the game needs to be life like. If that were the case we would all be spending 3 months designing our own drill and making MIDI recordings of our music. And it would still be first come, first serve, just minus the whole application thing. Or at least, that would be my perfect version of FMA.
katkatastrophe
Thank you! I'm excited for the FMA event :]
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

bando
I dunno, I think its a cool idea that everyone has more control over who participates in their comps. I think its just that many didn't realize the whole accepting part was there. I have a feeling it will be better next season.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Tigerguard
i think each group show at least host two shows per group to get there groups exposed to more comp
Class Member And IIEA Member
Directors of:
Tiger Pride Regiment[DC Div. I]
Tiger Band And Color Guard[ MB Div. I]
Exhale[CG Div.I]
Pulse[DL Div.I]

Join FMA West Combine
http://www.fantasym
Whiteprinceofangola
well if they didnt want to accept you then they should have denied you so you could at least know about it and apply for a different competition...
justMister
katkatastrophe had a nice suggestion. Is there a possibility that on the day of the show anyone on the list for the show (accepted or not) gets to march and get results? The only credit for the show host is a percentage of the gate based on how many slots they accepted. For example, they host a 10 slot show and only accept 3 groups. They would only be paid 30% of the total gate for their show. Those that were on the list get what they need (results) without having the hassle of dropping shows in the hope of finding an active one . The hosts get what they need (cash). The only ones that loose are the hosts that don't fill their slots. Seems like that would solve the issue without changing the new format much.
Proud member of the FMA Mid-West Union
DC - The Stars of Indy
MB - The Marching Giants
CG - X-Factor
DL - Invasion
Apotheosis
At this point I don't even care if I get denied, I'm just tired of being ignored...
My real name is Sam...
cbaggettjr
Jrdnhunting wrote: "Exactly, everybody's broke. This is the one aspect about this game that I think needs a little changing."

At least we know what it's like being a non-profit organization by being broke all the time;)
Clan Wallace-Division I Drum Corps
1st American Regiment-Drumline Division III Champs 2nd Season
First in Flight-Color Guard Division III Champs 4th Season
cire
Not everyone is broke. and besides.. even if you are broke, there are ways to get money during the season.

The first season was a trial for everyone.. noone knew what would be a good strategy or the best way to play.

Next season will probably be better.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Prof
Just thinking about this problem and wondering. If there anyway the management can "punish" those who don't manage their applications ? Of course I believe in capital punishment so I would understand the management kicking people out of the game if they don't manage their shows.

Apotheosis
@ prof

or Alex could require a mailing address for registration, and if they don't manage their comps... BOOM! pipe bomb right through the window.
My real name is Sam...
Alex
 -infinity
Best idea yet.
PR2011
would it be bad if i said i like pipe bombs? ;)
bando
Potentially.
Founder of the IIEA

jofus
Looking forward to those regional shows. At least I know I'm competing those days!
United States Marine Corps
Cadets 2008 Tenors
Madison Scouts 2006 Tenors
PR2011
lol bando :)
bando
*shrugs* As long as you don't hurt yourself with it. O.o Haha
Founder of the IIEA