Login Create Account
Leagues and Fundraising
ChrisRohn
How will leagues raise money? Will league members be charged a membership fee? (is that an option?) or will fundraising be based solely on show ticket sales? Will there be any other league fundraising options?

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
Alex
 -infinity
Right now the only option is through ticket sales. I thought about allowing groups to give money to the league in the form of donations or membership fees, but that would allow people to create new accounts and give all their starting money to the league.

To counteract this, I thought about only allowing groups of level 10 or higher to give money to the league, however a dedicated person could level several groups to 10 within a matter of weeks and then donate thousands to their league.

Another option was to only allow a certain amount of funds to be given to a league per group, but again, that doesn't solve the problem of having someone create multiple accounts to rack up money.
bando
What about it be season participation? A group has to have competed for at least X seasons in the league?

If leagues can still use the fundraising option, I think would be alright. I know that I make much more that way than I do through league championships (Only make about 12,000 with that).
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Alex
 -infinity
That presents the same problem as the level solution. Set it too low and it's easy to bypass, set it too high and very few will be able to use the feature. These solutions also remove the ability to charge membership dues universally.
bando
Hm.

Is there a way using the director stat you are planning to figure out how active someone is on the site? The higher the director level, the less of a chance it was created just to cheat the system? It might make memberships dues impossible the first few seasons or for newer members, but eventually it will be easier. Plus, newer members to leagues usually wouldn't be able to afford membership dues anyway.

Maybe a competition fee for championship shows? Like, you must pay 200 to attend [insert league name] Finals. This also, may not be the best system. Something else to think about is if a league is found to be using fake members to get money then suspend the league for a season or so and have all the money they've collected that season go back to the members? Its almost 4AM, and its probably not the best time for me to be spitting out ideas.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
BaritoneB1
Could you give the moderators the ability to monitor the league's members, and if a member is suspiciously giving tons of money to the league, we could delete the account/subtract the money? Or something similar.
Alex
 -infinity
The problem is that you can't really tell the difference between a fake account and a real one. A person could buy some staff, rehearse once or twice a day, and even host a show on several accounts at once and it would be almost impossible to tell if they were unfairly giving money to a league. I could track the IP addresses easily, however even that can be bypassed with little effort.
mceuph
What all is involved with leagues? Does it really matter how much money a league has?
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
Alex
 -infinity
Well I suppose it matters just as much as it matters how much a player group has. The more money a league has, the more events it can host. I would like for leagues to manage money from hosting similar to the way that players do. You start off small but as you improve you host larger events and draw bigger crowds.
cire
You could also do it where league shows don't cost any money to run (for shows)... but they also generate $0 per show..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"