Login Create Account
Inside FMADC - Summer Pre-Primer
MazzusK
First off, I'd like to welcome you all back (hopefully this will be permanent. I'm still working out my schedule for my final year+ of college. Being a Music Ed Major is great, but I sure do miss having free time.).

It's been ages since I had enough time to consider writing again, but with summer here and my teachingarranging load lightened a bit, I figured it wouldn't hurt to come back. And I want to make a few changes.

I want to start doing more, as Alex and other Game-Devs. would put it, user-driven content. I want to do more interviews, get more input from you guys, and have YOU pick the shows that should be covered.

- Interviews
I definitely want to get the usual pre-season interviews of the past seasons Top 3, but I want to do quick mini-interviews throughout the season to get directors input on how the season is going, predictions, and maybe a 'tip-of-the-day' from some of the veterans. If you're interested then reply here, PM me, or send an e-mail to InsideFMADC@gmail.com

- Input
I want to hear from you guys. The new ones who have no clue who I am or what FMADC is, and the vets who were around when I was given the opportunity to do this with FMA v.1. What do you want to see done differently? What new things do you want to see? Should I stick with the same format?

As for picking the shows that are covered. I'd like to get more than just the biggest shows. If you feel like one of the shows with smaller attendance was really competitive then let me know.
I'll be checking all of the shows and giving brief updates, but I will also give much more in-depth analysis to a handful of shows. Which ones they will be could be entirely up to you guys.

If you have ideas, send them my way. I'd love to get them in, if possible. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to being back this season.
Director of The Wolves Musical and Visual Arts, a non-profit based out of Dacula, Georgia

Former FMA Drum Corps staff writer.