Login Create Account
Summer '10
rtloveless
How is everyone's Summer of 2010? It's been a hot one here in Ohio. It's been bad some days. Like today is completely unbearable
Ryan T. Loveless
Novak
We had our parade today.Where I am in Ohio, we practically live on a mountain, lol. So there were some hills to climb and go down. It was a painful one, because about halfway through, it got noticeably hotter. Painful stuff lol

Other than that, I'm enjoying my summer just relaxing, heading down to a DCI show in Akron on Friday!
20DM12
I'm going up to visit my relatives in Akron and see that show too! It looks like an awesome lineup (no Blue Devils, but who really cares about them)
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
mellohero
Hey, everyone's from Ohio!

My summer's going alright. Won't be able to return to UA this fall, so no more marching band, but otherwise alright. Thinking about seeing the Akron show as well.
Andromeda
I'm in Ohio too. XD
I'm going to the Akron show as well, but other than that and a Student Council thing I have to go to in August, I'm just sitting around doing nothing. How summer was truly meant to be spent. :D
cire
I'm from CA but now live in eastern WA. It's been about low 70s here this week... heard it was in the 90s back home
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
rtloveless
I wish I could be going to the Fairfield show this year :(
Ryan T. Loveless
20DM12
I might go to the Fairfield one too, but idk cuz it'll be a lot of the same corps only 3 days after Akron
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
bando
Whoo Western PA! Haha.

I am doing a musical at my local theater. We start shows this weekend and go until next weekend. The show is 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
mellohero
So what parts of Ohio are we all from? Tuscarawas County right here, as evidenced by the name of my band.
rtloveless
A suburb of Cincinnati!
Ryan T. Loveless
BlueDevils
DCI Dallas on the 22nd and 23rd! :D
DC: Blue Demons Corps
flute88
My summer's been pretty good so far. My boyfriend is back from his first year of college, so it's good to see him again. We just went camping with his parents over the weekend. Other than that, I haven't done much of interest.
Knights Vanguard - Div II
Southmore Hill Royal Regiment - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Guard - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - Div I

Part of the FMA West Combine!
Whiteprinceofangola
so, has anyone else noticed that this year has had great games/movies come out? like Avatar(both), Civ 5, FMA2...
katkatastrophe
Ohio as well, Akron specifically. :]

Going to the Akron show obviously lol.
Bluecoats is actually staying at my school, so I'm super excited about that :]
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

flamtap
Is anybody here marching in DCA this summer?
rtloveless
I was going to be marching DCA with Cincinnati Tradition, but realized I didn't have the time to do it.
Ryan T. Loveless
bando
@WPOA (--not WPOF like I was trying to do. *facepalm* My new name for you. Because its soooo long! =D)

I completely agree.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ashfire
bando, ti should be shortened to WPOA not WPOF...

on the fourth my HS band marched in the parade. the heat index was 102º, and we had to marchin balck cotten shirts. it was death.

who saw E3 this year?
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
mellohero
So, since I seem to be going on my own to the Akron show, anybody else here looking for group?