Login Create Account
End of season awards?
rtloveless
I was thinking, don't know if you have this planned or not, but at the end of the season, those did well get some money to help them out. Such as Semi-finalist, Finalist, Grand Champions, Runner-ups, ect. All get a bit of money for doing well. Obviously those who did better getting more
Ryan T. Loveless
Alex
 -infinity
I want to be very careful about this type of thing so as not to promote a "rich get richer" scenario. Right now, finalist groups will already get additional influence for their performances. They probably won't receive additional money.
rtloveless
Well. That actually works out quite well then. Influence does. Because if those who host competitions have high influence, more people will flock to those shows, meaning more money. Just a matter of if they can see that happening.
Ryan T. Loveless
cire
Why not do it backwards then? Kind of like sports, where the worst teams get 1st draft pick.. but in the game, the lower placed groups say #12 gets $x,xxx and #11 gets a little less, and #10 gets a little less

Just do the bottom 3 or so
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
rtloveless
Because then that's rewarding the people who didn't do well. That's like saying, "Here, you came in last place, but here's a ton of money :D"

The influence idea works great. That's like making the last kid picked become a starter. You picked that last kid for a reason, he sucked, so why make him a starter? (sorry to insult anyone on that, I was last picked all the time >_<)
Ryan T. Loveless
cire
It would be more like a handicap.. like.. ok you suck.. here is some sympathy money lol
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
bando
I like that it will add to influence. That makes sense. People want to see the groups that have done well in the past, so it'll work that way. I think that getting money will just cause problems.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles