Login Create Account
Creating an event
baritone599
When creating an event after you input the information it should show a preview of the event page and require you to confirm this is the correct information you want. This will prevent people (me and many others) from creating events on the wrong day.
rocketfan86
I like this idea. Seconded.
Original Member of the Mid-West Combine (defunct)
BaritoneB1
Or a little pop up that says, "Did you check the date?"
Marty
Or one that says did you check the price ?
bando
^THIS.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
Or just double check your information before hitting submit. I know.. it's a hard concept, but one we all must learn to do eventually. Don't make Alex do extra work just because we can't figure it out. (and yes, I'm victim of this as well)
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
bando
Well, the one time it happened, I somehow must've scrolled and moved the money box because I had checked it and then when I clicked Submit it changed. -_-"
Founder of the IIEA

IMcomJosh
Adding to this, perhaps have some type of cancellation button for a contest as well. If you aren't getting as many contestants as you expected or put the show on the wrong day, you can cancel the whole contest. Say you do this in day one there is no cancellation penalty. Then day 2 there is a 25% cancellation penalty so you only get 75% of your money back. Day 3 50% and so on. That is incentive to double check to make sure you have your date right as well. And yes, Cire, you are a victim of this since you've taken my spot for contest I believe two years in a row now ;)
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
cire
Josh, I think that could be a good idea ONLY if noone has applied for your show yet.. there should be stiffer punishment as well, like not having the ability to host a show the next season :)
bando
Maybe just put a check box that you have to check off before you hit submit?
Founder of the IIEA

Alex
 -infinity
"Ok, looks like I'm done. Submit"

[Are you SURE you checked your date?]

"Yes, continue"

[No...seriously check your date again]

"Uh....ok, April 1st...ya that's right. Continue"

[Please check your date a third time]

"What the....April 1st! Come on! CONTINUE!"

[Thank you, you have selected July 17th]
scooter92011
Sounds like the Bush election.... I like Alex's concept!
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
cire
Except he forget the most important step.. you must also check your email which contains a validation link that you must click on to do a final site verification.. which is then followed up by a personal phone call from Alex to make sure you submitted your application correctly...
scooter92011
Don't forget the 3 captchas to make sure you're not a trolling robot creating events for ensembles while they are sleeping.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
cire
Also for putting in the price, instead of a regular text input, you should have to enter the numbers in keypad format, but the numbers are shown randomly. You have to do this 2-3 times putting the same amount in.