Login Create Account
Not enough competitions / not being accepted
cire
Maybe one way to fight this issue of not enough competitions, would be to charge an application fee to join a competition (paid only if accepted)..

or

to have it like a bidding system, where you bid for a spot.. this would probably be the hardest to implement, but could potentially be the most beneficial. Everyone has a set amount of money, so you have to budget how many shows you want to participate in, how high you want to bid, and this will also give more people a chance to join in competitions. Right now you are almost out of luck if you aren't on the site all day long to try to get early applications. With a bidding system you can argue that only the richest people will get into shows.. but at the same time if someone spends most of their money to get into a show, they probably won't have enough money to get into all of the other shows... so doing this method would really even out the playing field..

Who would get the money? This could either go to the show host, split evenly among all contestants, or could just be held until the end of the season where it would be given back to the user (but probably not a good idea)
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
rtloveless
I think it's fine where it's at. Right now it's something we have the bear with.

Like I think only D1 or SOME D2 groups should be allowed to host.
Ryan T. Loveless
cire
Why? If you close of hosting, you are limiting the game to a lot of people, plus you doing what Alex wanted to avoid.. making the rich get richer.
bando
I agree that everyone should be able to host one, but there needs to be something in place in-case someone doesn't accept any applications. I mean, it can happen for a lot of reasons (like you forgot you were going on a trip and don't have internet access or something like that), but there has to be a safety net somewhere.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ChrisRohn
Enjoy the game for what it is. These issues will work out as the seasons progress. Everyone is going to have their own style of game play, and there will always be directors who wait to accept applications. Its a game, and the way it is built allows for strategy.

For example: because I waited a week to accept applications, I got to hand pick my participants from a pool of 157 applicants for drum corps, 88 for marching band, 80 for color guard and 97 for Percussion. I have all Division 1 participants with influence over 1000. I anticipate a sold out show.

This is my strategy. I may not be accepted to many or winning any shows right now but I am building a long-term program that may eventually be successful. I don't have time to play every four hours, so having a successful show is the way I anticipate being able to catch up to you guys who are on here 24/7.

Let the game work itself out as is in this aspect of the game and lets re-evaluate after a few seasons have been played.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
gmbande94
Personally for the first season of the new site I think it's great for the first season. I also believe we should let things play out the way they are for the first season and if theres any issues start fixing them though the next seasons.
RWB "It's all for Love L-O-V-E" - Michael Jackson
bachstrad2010
I feel like this site will become very exclusive eventually. Only the people who play constantly are going to be able to fully enjoy it. People act like division 3 is a 'bad' thing. I work all day and like to come home and further my progress. There needs to be a better way to reward people who host competitions.
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
cire
That's why there are different divisions... so noone gets left out.. Everyone competes against people who put roughly the same amount of time into it
20DM12
I think what bachstrad2010 is hitting at is that people in division 3 wont get to compete as much. if u look at what ChrisRohn said u will see how we r exclusive towards division one groups. i know that i took the same approach as him and its working rather nicely. something needs to be done to encourage or reqiure to people give more equal treatment to D3, D2, and D1 groups
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
cire
Then maybe instead of having a max number of entries make a max per division. That way it won't exclude smaller divisions
VincentPezza
I really like that idea, like how normal competitions are in real life.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
bando
I don't think there is a max enteries per division. At least not in the circuit we competed in. It most more of a whoever signs up and pays their fee or whatever goes. That's mostly because there aren't many who compete around here anymore. The only time there was a max was championships. And the divisions with the larger sized groups ended up usually having everyone there.
Founder of the IIEA

cire
If a show limit is 15.. is should be 15 per each division. That will clear up a lot of issues
Alex
 -infinity
The division thing won't work. Divisions aren't formulated until after about one week has passed. I'm confident the addition of FMA events will help out. I think they will have around 50 group slots each, so 200 groups total if there is one in each circuit on a particular day. If I add around 4 or 5 of them, that's potentially 1,000 additional performances.

Most likely you will be able to simply click a "Join Now" button if the event still has slots open, making it very simple to join.
VincentPezza
Would it be possible/fair if there was a way to make it that you could only enter one of them, allowing other people to get into them?
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
Alex
 -infinity
Hmm, that's a good idea. Maybe increase that to two regionals per group per season.
bando
That's pretty ingenious.
Founder of the IIEA

VincentPezza
That would be pretty sweet!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
ashfire
i think a big problem with people not getting into competitions, is the fact that the hosts coose the applicants with the highest influence. so in order to get into a competition you have to have like at least the15th highest influence.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
bando
Well, that's reasonable. People want to host the groups with the highest influence to get a bigger crowd and more money.
Founder of the IIEA