Login Create Account
Formal Protest
JohnSousajunior
Talented and Gifted School for the Blind enjoyed several years in Division 3 band and were shocked last season to be bumped into Division 2.

However, we finished around 30th in Division 2 with a majority of our staff being ranked 3 or lower. We do have a percussion instructor with a ranking of 7 and a
horn man ranked at 7 and another at 15 and we get bumped into Division 1 ?

It just isn't fair.

We will be sitting this season out in protest. but will be performing exibitions

Pete
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, my band only has 4 staff and each is at level 1 yet I'm pushed into division 2. It maybe painful but theres something we don't understand about the game.
Alex
 -infinity
In season 7 you placed 2nd in Division III by almost 8 points. That is pretty much guaranteed to bump you into Division II, as would be expected. You were then able to place 5th in your first season in Division II - quite an accomplishment after moving up a division. Last season, you only played enough to increase your score by 2 points through the entire season, ending the season about 17 points below your previous season while having access to more money.

The division system is working as intended here. It looks at all of your seasons, rather than just the previous season. You cannot do really well for several seasons, then sit out a season to get put back into a lower division. That would allow people to game the system in order to keep a high scoring group in a lower division every other season.
Prof
Ill Winds will salute our leaguemates "Talented and Gifted School For the Blind" by performing the following as our encore selections this season:

Cry Me a River
Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
It's MY Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

Bullseye452
@ Prof... i just died of laughter.

John, its part of the game, its how it works. I bet a lot of people would LOVE to play in division 3 and kill all of the new people that join. Just play the game, you will get better.
MUMK - Div. II Marching Band
Nebula - Div. II Winter Guard
Super Adventure Club - Div. II Drumline
Gold Armada - Div. II Drum Corps
JohnSousajunior
( sarcasm ON )

Just because we take a season off to make mops and brooms and we are successful at fund raising, you have to pee in our cup of pencils ?

Beware of the white canes

We SHALL overcome

And Mister Bullseye' "Just play the game and you will get better" ?
We are so good we can come in 30th and still get bumped up to division 1, if you're still in division 2, what exactly does THAT say ?

As for Prof, we have been working on this song to be dedicated to you at every performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWHfrU3PSQ&feature=related
bando
Bullseye only participated in 5 seasons. You on the other hand have participated in 9. Your director rating is 167, his is 121. Your marching band has a director level of 36. His is only 30. In seasons 6, 7, and 8 you placed higher than him. The more money you have the better staff you can buy. You consistently were scoring a 74 come time for finals. His highest score to date? A 70. I wonder why he is still in division II and you are not.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
corndogshuffle
Hah, if my groups had been around nine seasons and had that level of influence and time to raise funds, I'd probably be embarrassed if we weren't in D-I, not complaining over getting bumped up...
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Prof
Ahem,

Mr. Sousa Jr. ,

You made your point.
Just be quiet for awhile,
I don't think they understand your humor even when you post with
"( sarcasm ON )" Not to mention your screen name.

corndogshuffle
I thought we were just bantering?

If not it's pretty bad...
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
Alex
 -infinity
(sarcasm ON)

I will bump you into Division -7 next season

(sarcasm OFF)

just kidding

(sarcasm ON?)

Or was I?

(END SARCASM)
Prof
We are bantering I think.

He's just mad because he was playing using only winds, Music Ens, and Music GE. for the most part ( get it,- school for the blind ?)

If you go back and look through his scores it's interesting how he did it just like it was a real blind band scoring low in visual performance,, guard,, vis ens and vis GE and just a few points in percussion.

I'm sure the money thing got him because last week he talked about saving money to host a huge show.next season

But, in the end, it all backfired on him BAHAHAHAHA

bando
Toooootally missed the (Sarcasm ON) haha.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
DHA
I totally missed his name as John Sousa Junior LOL
corndogshuffle
Looking at those stats, that's actually pretty hilarious!

That's what he gets for stockpiling money. Greed never pays!

***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
JohnSousajunior
( sarcasm ON....well mostly )

Talented and Gifted School for the Blind's 1st season was season FOUR for those who have problems counting.

Now if I haven't lost my mind, they have competed in 6 seasons and this will be their SEVENTH.

Compare that Mt Sterling beat the blind kids every season, the blind kids were pushed up to div 2 and Mt Sterling stayed in 3, Now the blind kids are kicked up to div 1 and where is Mt. Sterling ? Div 2. I'm stating to wonder if Mt Sterling's director is paying bribes or if he's related to Alex.....................

I'm going back to listen to Coast to Coast where the sane people are
BaritoneB1
Well, my groups have been on the decline since season 1. So, we look forward to competing against you in lower division 1 placements!
Alex
 -infinity
Ya, I don't think there was any sarcasm "on" until after the fact. Anyways, Mt. Sterling is currently "pending" division placement, not necessarily Div. 2. Also, he/she is paying me bribes of Reese's Pieces and dozens of Yen, so really I have no choice in the matter.
baritone599
lol.. maybe johnsousajr needs to start sending alex more reeses pieces
Bullseye452
Alex, I'm currently sending you a barrel of reeses pieces because I want to compete in division 7 this year... I would really enjoy a gold medal.
MUMK - Div. II Marching Band
Nebula - Div. II Winter Guard
Super Adventure Club - Div. II Drumline
Gold Armada - Div. II Drum Corps