Login Create Account
season 10
gcurrier
so lets get the season 10 discussion going...i feel bad guard and percussion never gets as much love! I am hoping to come back after a slower season for Knight Guard and take another title
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kaisermarcher
This is my first time here, and I'm disgusted by the amount of competitions that decline you because you don't have much influence. I got declined by about 9-12 competitions.
mceuph
Be glad you got into as much as you did. My first season I was declined to ALL of the events I applied to.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
cire
Everyone has start from the bottom. Unless you joined right when FMA first started, then you kind of lucked out.. but if you makes you feel any better, I accept who ever applies first, regardless of influence
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
TeamQuavers
I've also started to do the same as cire. If you apply early enough to my shows next season, you'll get a spot.
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
cire
Also if you apply to a show and don't get accepted in 12 or 24 hours, apply somewhere else.
corndogshuffle
Another thing that didn't help you was getting started after the new season began... don't worry, it'll get better. Just gotta keep with it. I know I haven't been around forever, but I'm at least not brand new and I got turned away from at least 19 shows this season. You'll be fine.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Kaisermarcher
I joined before the season began. Today is the first competition....
BlueDevils
If you see you aren't matching up to the other corps try to get a lot of influence. I did that last season and got accepted to like 95% of all the shows I applied to.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
bando
Well, Night Colorguard is going to have a rough start I think because I wasn't able to get on as much as I have in the past during preseason, and last season I kinda made the tickets $5... >.> so yeah...
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
bando.. I did that on my guard AND drumline by accident. lol
bando
I was just lucky that my guard's staff was almost all at 20 anyway. So I didn't fall too far behind.
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
I think we need a "it gets better" youtube blog for FMA newbies LOL I highly suggest joining a league to help you get into more shows. It helps those with lower influence. As an IIEA member I always accept those corps first regardless of influence and then the rest are accepted by either real personal connections or influence. Plus get in WELL before the first shows. Many shows max out within the first few hours of being placed the minute the new season is open (not started).
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
bando
My shows are suffering for sure because I couldn't get on when the season started.
Founder of the IIEA

hostrauser
To be fair, Kaisermarcher, I don't take it as a slight unless I see the show isn't full. For example, I had four of five slots filled for Yukon Gold's show filled, but the next time I logged on there were FIVE applications for that last remaining spot. I had to decline four automatically, nothing against them.

I also don't hold it against the smaller shows. If you've only got five spots, you need some attendees with influence to bring the fans in.

But yeah, if a show has only 9 / 25 spots filled and you've been declined? Weak sauce.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
a11igat0r
It drives me nuts when you apply for a show and its obvious they never check to go in and accept any applications... i wish it would set up to where if you apply and the show owner doesnt manage the applications.. then the system would auto accept the first spots available according to who applied first 5 mins before the show is supposed to kick off.
Woody
Director - Graffiti
- Graffiti Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
----Season 21 Division 1 World Champion
- Graffiti-ini Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
- Graffiti Winter Guard (D1)
- Graffiti Drum L
bando
It happens. I know a few seasons I just don't realize my show happened and I still had a few spots open.
Founder of the IIEA

TromSaune
if it makes anyone feel better I had about 7000 influence at the beginnning of this season and probobly got declined from 20 or more shows....
mdmackowiak
Holy cow, I am .6 away from breaking the all time high in Div. III and there is still 2 weeks left! If my guard was in Div. I we would be placed 11th. O did I mention it is our first season! Get it Euphoria!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
mdmackowiak
Whoo, we broke 80 with 2 weeks to go! We broke the record for the highest score in Div. III with 1.5 weeks to go! 17 points ahead of the 2nd place guard. If in Div. II I would also be in 1st and if in Div. I I would be in 9th! So proud of my guard. Get it Euphoria!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1