Login Create Account
The Druids Set for Their Return to FMADC
Olmstead90
The buzz of excitement around Croke Stadium, the traditional home of the Druids' Show and Tell Day performance, is continuing to build even though the performance has finished. The corps is currently packing away their equipment into the place used to carry their cargo to the 'States while the members themselves will be boarding a normal airliner.

This Season marks a "coming home" for the Druids, as they traditionally have spent a most of their career in Div. II in circuits past and present. We caught up with baritone technician Dr. Paul Brewer and asked what he had to say about a return to the division.

"One can't hide the fact that the corps membership is excited, but honestly, it isn't a huge development," he states, going on to say,

"No matter what division you're in you can expect quality performances, a long tour, hardships, and great competition."

Eventually we were able to find director Douglas Olmstead, holding a clip board and double checking to make sure every last horn and drum had boarded the cargo-plane.

"I feel the corps has been more energized than ever before. We have been there, done that-- we've been Division I finalist corps. I feel we can really make our claim here in Div. II"

That's all that was spoken of from the staff, who in a state of organized chaos, continue to ready the corps for their flight tonight to perform in the States by Monday night.

Stay tuned for more Druids updates, show analysis, and other news about the boys in green.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
mceuph
Glad to have you back!
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
Olmstead90
Thank you! Very glad to be back.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director