Login Create Account
The Druids News: First Show Back
Olmstead90
Tonight was the first show that the Druids Drum & Bugle Corps has performed since the last 5 Seasons of hiatus. The All Liberty contest held by the Cloudmen put 25 different corps in the three different divisions head to head before more than 1,500 cheering fans. The Druids were able to wedge in a respectable 5th place finish of 7 total Div. II corps, putting them in 18th place overall out of 41 corps in the race for National Finals.

We were able to catch Mellophone technician Brittany Ward to hear what she had to say.

"I believe this is a great spot for the Druids to start," she says, "We had some setbacks with storms and flight delays the other night that prevented any sort of rehearsal-- and under these circumstances I think we were able to still pull off a fantastic show."

"Am I worried?" was what Douglas Olmstead, executive director, said as his response to wither or not he was worried the Druids would make Finals on their first returning year.

"The Druids have rarely placed top 12 at their first shows coming out of the gates. We always have been an underdog corps, and this Season will be no different."

Keep up to date on all of the most recent Druids news at www.thedruidsdrumcorps.webs.com
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director