Login Create Account
Favorite FMA Show Concepts
bando
Take a look around some of the shows from other groups! To make this more fun, each week we'll do a different FMA season, so this week, post your favorite show concepts from Season 1! (I know there isn't much left of the week, but I'm sure some of you can find the time!) At the end of the week, we can vote on the group who we think had the best, and give them the title of Fan Favorite for that season!

I personally liked Sapphire Sound's concept, Out of Darkness. Had some really good pieces in that repertoire like Adagio for Strings and Firebird Suite. Plus, they won Winds and Percussion captions, so I bet the music would've been amazing to hear live.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
bandoafl
Well, I guess we will have to come back to this week since no one apparently had time for this. However, let's move on to Season 2 starting tomorrow!
Mmhsdm26
God, that was way back. I remember putting that show together, it was fun listening to each movement while I was waiting for scores to go up.

Favorite Season 1 concepts:
Perception's "Lux Aurumque" - one of my favorite choral pieces, as well as a fun one to play transcribed for Wind Ensemble. I don't know how well it would hold up on its own as a show, but I'm sure it would still sound amazing. Also, BDB used it as a movement for their 2010 show, and I ended up really liking that as well.

BDE's "Four Star Meal" - cire always has interesting show concepts, all fitting themes that I find both comical and somewhat serious, haha. I think this would have been a fun theme to work around and hear on field.

Sapphire Sound - Div. I Drum Corps
Sapphire Sound Cadets - Div. I Marching Band
2x Drum Corps Medalist (S2 Div 1 Champions)
2x Marching Band Medalist (S2 Div 3 Champions)