Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: Mercury Poisoning, superNOVA, and Quilting Time
Novak
Though there were not many competitions tonight, there were a few scores that were significant, so let's get right down to it.

DIVISION I
1. Mercury - 50.045
2. The Drummers Alliance - 49.880
3. The Drumming Dummers - 49.810
4. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - 49.720
5. One Day - 49.330

Mercury was the line of the night, raising scores in every caption to end up at a .595 point increase to a final score of 50.045. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline stayed at the same score, overall as well as in every caption. Another featured drumline tonight was Florida Styx Indoor Percussion Ensemble, jumping from 10th to 7th place and also not dropping any scores in any categories. They do need to work on Music and Visual Ensemble, where there score did not drop, but stayed the same. Overall, a good night for Division I!

DIVISION II
1. Nova Drumline - 48.410
2. Red Frogs - 48.085
3. Spin Cycle Express - 48.010
4. CyberDrums - 47.765
5. Purple Tornado Percussion - 47.720

Two drumlines stand out to me here - Nova Drumline and CyberDrums. Both of these lines burst into the top five, posting great scores. The Red Frogs still rule supreme on GE Visual, but Nova Drumline did take home Visual Ensemble as well as Music Performance. Many other captions may have been lead by the same lines as last night, but CyberDrums would not leave the floor without making their presence known. They won General Effect Music, beating out Spin Cycle Express (did not perform tonight).

DIVISION III
1. Rhythm X-press - 46.860
2. R Beat - 46.810
3. Majestix - 46.600
4. Quilt High School Indoor Drumline - 46.590
5. Sinisteria - 46.575

The storyline here is the swapping of 4th place. Quilt High School Indoor Drumline threw down on the floor tonight, kicking out The Chameleons and taking the Visual Ensemble and Visual GE captions by storm. But wait - The Chameleons are not out by any means, holding fast to the Music Ensemble caption, tied with R Beat at a score of 9.365.

Well folks, that wraps it up for tonight. Don't worry; more competitions will take place tomorrow! Tonight was slow. Congratulations to all drumlines tonight!

QOTD: Do you guys like the fancy (and I hope clever) titles, or should I keep it simple?

ssmit
I like the clever title. It makes it unique =)
VincentPezza
Wow! Didn't even compete today and I'm still in 5th!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
percussionplyr
I like the title, it's unique.

Wow, I can't believe that I took Visual Ensemble and Visual GE.
Raiders Drum Corps Member
2012 ~ Warped - Baritone
2013 ~ The Raven - Baritone

Reading Buccaneers Member
2014 ~ Break On Through
2015 ~ Twist-It
2017 ~ Behind the Suit
2019 ~ Dans Ma Chambre
Novak
Thanks for the input guys!

@Vincent - When's the next time you compete? It'd be interesting to see you, Quilt and Chameleons all together in a show.

@Percussionplyr - Keep it going man, you made a great opening statement in your first show!
percussionplyr
thanks
Raiders Drum Corps Member
2012 ~ Warped - Baritone
2013 ~ The Raven - Baritone

Reading Buccaneers Member
2014 ~ Break On Through
2015 ~ Twist-It
2017 ~ Behind the Suit
2019 ~ Dans Ma Chambre
flute88
Ahaha, yeah, we (Southmore Hill) stayed at the same score because I've been out of town since early on the third. ;D Glad to see we can do so well even after losing a few days of practice!
Knights Vanguard - Div II
Southmore Hill Royal Regiment - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Guard - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - Div I

Part of the FMA West Combine!
VincentPezza
Sinisteria performs next on the 7th in the Pride of California competition. We're against 7 other groups that day! We'll see if Sinisteria is top 12 material then!

EDIT: Quilt is going to be there!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
cire
The Drumming Dummers are in 3rd.. and just getting started!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"