Login Create Account
Sapphire WHO now?
Mmhsdm26
In the golden days of FMA, there existed a corps who remained very competitive in the first 2 seasons. Sadly, due to event out of their control, the corps made the difficult decision to sit out the third season after winning a decisive championship in season 2.

Fortunately, as the director of the Sapphire Sound, I'm glad to announce we'll be coming back!

Show concepts are being tossed around by staff, drill is being designed, and uniforms are being ordered and tailored as this is being typed in order to prepare for the next season in Division 3.

In short, I'm coming back for a limited time before college sucks up my life again :)

This is also a bit of an announcement to say I'm free to join up with any combine/league/whatever. I'm a bit out of date as to how it all works, so invitations are appreciated :)

Anyway, it's good to be back!
Sapphire Sound - Div. I Drum Corps
Sapphire Sound Cadets - Div. I Marching Band
2x Drum Corps Medalist (S2 Div 1 Champions)
2x Marching Band Medalist (S2 Div 3 Champions)
bando
Well, depends on active you want to be. CLASS is a very active league on this forum, but it requires a little bit of time during some points of the season because we schedule all shows ahead of time. If you want to get really into fantasy drum corps, its for you.

If you are looking to get a lot of shows early in the season without the worry of "Will I get accepted?" you could try the unspecified organization.

Those are the two big Drum Corps leagues that you can go for. (I think that I-10 is still Gulf Coast only, correct me if I'm wrong). As far as marching band goes, unspecified also has a league that is set up exactly the same as their drum corps league. MBI only has a championship during Week 3 and that's it at this point. As far as next season, there is high possibility of a new one arising if you want to wait.

Of course, there are many smaller leagues to look at. Just check them out and see what one's right for you.

Its completely possible to still play in college, many of us do it. Heck, some of us have really crazy college schedules. Just play in the morning before class, during lunch, and then in at night before bed and you should do pretty decently. That's what I do. :)
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles