Login Create Account
FMA Texas July 30th
BlueDevils
Fantasy Marching Arts Texas Presented By The Blue Demons Drum and Bugle Corps

The temperature is 105 degrees and there will be 25 amazing corps performing in Dallas, TX tonight!

Fun fact: In Texas we don't call it swaggering. We call it walking.

The show times and descriptions are as follows underneath:

Division III

2:00 PM Memphis Sound

Show Title

Got Blues?

Repertoire

"Blue Light, Red Light (Someone's There)" - Harry Connick, Jr., Ramsey McLean
"Summertime" from Porgy and Bess - DuBose Heyward, George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin
"Everybody Loves the Blues - Maynard Ferguson
"When A Man Loves A Woman" - Calvin Lewis, Andrew Wright, Percy Sledge

2:15 PM Squadron

Show Title

She Loves Me Not

Repertoire

I. On My Own-Three Days Grace (2006)
II. What Hurts the Most- Lady Antebellum (2006)
III. Tonight I Want to Cry- Keith Urban (2005)
IV. So Sick- Ne-Yo (2006)
V. In The End- Linkin Park (2001)

30 Minute Break Before Division II

Division II

3:00 PM dunkirk patriots

Show Title

empire state

3:15 PM Envision Drum and Bugle Corps

Show Title

A Day Out of the Ordinary

Repertoire

Morning Suite - Peer Gynt
Appalachian Morning
Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
Moondance
Claire de Lune

3:30 Florida Vanguard

Show Title

The Devil's Staircase

Repertoire

First Essay for Orchestra - Bartok
Piano Sonata No. 2 - Dorman
The Eternal Knot - Jenkins
Etude 13 - Ligeti

3:45 PM Gold Sound

Show Title

Sinvitation 7

Repertoire

Judith - A Perfect Circle
Weak and Powerless - A Perfect Circle
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
Money - Pink Floyd
Music from Scrooged - Elfman
Sin of Pride - Naffier
Gluttony - Naffier
Sloth - Naffier
160 BPM - Zimmer

4:00 PM McMavericks

Show Title

Shade of Life

Repertoire

Under a Tree

4:15 PM Nastalgia Cadets

Show Title

Take It!

4:30 PM R's Regiment

Show Title

Nyan Cat.... How long can you last

Repertoire

Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan

4:45 PM Red Regiment

Show Title

Mancini's

Repertoire

Mvt.1 Pink Panther
Mvt. 2 Moon River
Mvt. 3 Petter Gunn

5:00 PM Sound of Indy

Show Title

Sum of All Fears

5:15 PM Southwind II

Show Title

Mysterioso

5:30 PM The Raiders

Show Title

Dark Dreams

Repertoire

Apocalyptic Dream
Adagion for Strings
Damned
Distorted

45 Minute Break Before Divsion I Corps

Divsion I Corps

6:30 PM Bluegrass Regiment

Show Title

PR meets VK

Repertoire

Magical Mystery Tour
California Girls
Nessau Dorma
Finale to Symphony # 9

6:45 PM Corps IBEX

Show Title

The Fight

Repertoire
Fanfare from Rocky
Music from Cinderella Man
Fight Club

7:00 PM Epic

Show Title

Conquest

Repertoire

Tenth Symphony, 2nd Mvt. by Shostakovich
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff
Fifth Symphony, 4th Mvt. by Shostakovich
Conquest (from Captain From Castile) by Newman

7:15 PM Graffiti

Show Title

Three Wishes

Repertoire

Wish 1 - Countless Fortune (The Wind and the Lion)
Wish 2 - Endless Love (Scheherazade)
Wish 3 - Sovereignty (Bacchanale)

7:30 PM Great Lakers

Show Title

Labor from Fields to City

Repertoire

Threshers
Old Man River
Equus

7:45 PM Modern Antic

Show Title

Time to Shine!

Repertoire

Modern Antic is proud to present their season 10 show, Time to Shine! This is an amazing journey that will show how amazing this group is!

Movement 1: The First Step
Movement 2: Discovered!
Movement 3: Memories
Movement 4: Fame!

8:00 PM Nemesis

Show Title

A Poem, a Dance and a Suite

Repertoire

Music by Gustav Holst

Ode to Death
Ballet Music from The Perfect Fool
Second Suite in F

8:15 PM Quiksilver

Show Title

Tyrant

Repertoire

Darkness Howl
Power Claw
Megaton Tail

8:30 PM Regal Regiment

Show Title

A World of Darkness

Repertoire

Pt. 1 - Opening Title from Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondheim
Pt. 2 - Mad World by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews
Pt. 3 - No Good Deed from Wicked by Stephen Schwartz

8:45 PM Sapphire Vanguard

Show Title

Deadline

Repertoire

- Sonata No. 4 In C Minor, Op. 29 (From Old Notebooks): Allegro Con Brio, Ma Non Leggiere, Sergei Prokofiev
- Quiet Waters, Matthew Allan
- Day Dreams: II. Morning - All Intelligence Awake, Dana Wilson

9:00 PM Tiger Pride Regiment

Show Title

SUPER HEROES

Repertoire

And so it begins...
Super Powers
Fortress of Solitude
Everyday Heroes

9:15 PM Blue Demons

Show Title

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring

Repertoire

1. Concerning Hobbits
2. Bridge of Khaza-Dum
3. Breaking of the Fellowship

Scores announced at 10 PM
Encore at 10:30 PM

Thanks for attending!!!
DC: Blue Demons Corps
BlueDevils
The gates opened at 10 that morning for the interactive FMA experience that allowed excited Dallas area high school students to learn from members of Sapphire Vanguard, Epic DBC, and (of course) the Blue Demons A Corps.

When speaking on the experience, Richardson High School student Marc Antony said, " It was amazingly fun! I've definitely wanted to march for a while and this event helped me to find out what I needed to work on for my audition." When asked what corps he was trying out for Antony replied, "Nemesis of course!"

It was amazing walking around the event grounds as people set up food stands and even a ferris wheel and mirror maze were set up along side the vendors. As you ventured further into the grounds you could hear people laughing about drum corps memories. We even caught up with former Blue Demons A drum major, Greg Lupis.

"I'm excited for this season, Blue Demons are performing better than they ever did while I was part of it, and I'm not ashamed to say that. I'm proud that I was a building block and that I was a part of the Blue Demons when I was," said Greg.

Finally at around 1:00 people started finding their seats in the stadium and the excitement started mounting.

Once the National Anthem had been sung by Booker T. Washington School for the Performing Arts choir, excitement started mounting.

Then, Division III stepped off.

In second place (49.795) was Squadron who's show She Loves Me Not definitely appealed to all the new singles in the crowd. You could see people applauding around the stadium as the story concluded with some power chords and the rapping skills of Squadron's drum major.

In first place (54.430) was Memphis Sound as they swept the Div III captions and fan favorite of Div III with their show, Got Blues?. When they hit the company front at the beginning of "When a Man Loves a Woman" and the screamer hit notes only dolphins could hear, the corps elicited a standing ovation normally reserved for George Hopkins.

Then after the 30 minute break came the Division II corps.

In fifth place (58.995) was Nostalgia Cadets with their show Take It! And boy did their percussion take it! With some amazing chops they played their way to 1st in Percussion with a 7.000.

In fourth place (59.095) was Florida Vanguard who performed The Devil's Staircase brilliantly. It was a remarkably deep and difficult to understand show. They marched at upwards of 198 BPM and had to jazz run backwards while slamming high d flats. It was a technical spectacle to behold.

In third place (60.050) was Sound of Indy who's show Sum of All Fears was frightening to say the least. The colorguard''s make up was so good that as they made an unorthodox entry through the spectators, people thought that the stadium was haunted!

In second place (63.410) was R's Regiment! The show Nyan's Cat was enjoyed by the audience... But left me confused. What is a Nyan Cat? But regardless of my confusion they took the Winds Caption and the Guard Caption.

In first place (65.885) was dunkirk patriots! Playing a show empire state, they took top honors in Ensemble and General Effect! They built the Empire State Building out of blocks and ended the show after they knocked out King Kong.

After a 45 minute break came the Division I corps.

In fifth place (74.600) was Nemesis. A Poem, a Dance and a Suite was an extremely deep show. When interviewed a member of the audience said, "That show was tough. I didn't understand until I saw it. I'm extremely impressed. I hope they place high in Finals."

In fourth place (75.175) was Regal Regiment! Playing their show A World of Darkness they performed only after they insisted the hashes be repainted. So as people sat and waited they were rewarded with a great show and even people who were miffed at the repainting had to admit it was a awesome show.

Top Three Corps........

In third place (77.280, 3rd in FMA) was Blue Demons performing their first show in a trilogy of shows- The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring. They promised first place by the end of the season and they seem to be working hard to pull off an upset. When they hit the climax in the Bridge of Khaza-Dum, they played so loudly that people went temporarily deaf.

In second place (77.305, 2nd in FMA) was Epic DBC with Conquest. They definitely conquered tonight! They were named fan favorite as Spartacus, King Leonidas, and Darth Vader all played amazing solos. Why? I don't know, but the crowd enjoyed it and apparently it was the first time the soloists did that... And apparently didn't tell the corps director or the drum majors about it... Yeah.

In first place (81.645, 1st in FMA) was Sapphire Vanguard. After the announcer asked if the corps was ready, the traditional Sapphire Vanguard call of, "They're always ready!" abounded through the stadium. They swept all captions except for Percussion (which went to Corps IBEX) with the show Deadline. All I can say is wow. The clarity of the music and the lucidity of the forms was astonishing for this point of the season. We interviewed with Sapphire Vanguard's head drum major, "I was thrilled with our performance tonight. We worked very hard and hit our show at 100% tonight. We've had the fans' support the entire season and we're not going to let them down. Look for an awesome show at Finals!"
DC: Blue Demons Corps