Login Create Account
Mini-Corps Competition
Stradivarius
So I'm going to be a part of a mini-corps competition Monday-Friday of Finals week for DCA. From what I know, there are going to be 10-12 members from the Empire Statesmen, a member of the Cadets, a member from BD, and a member from Phantom. Anybody participating in another mini-corps? Better yet, are any of you marching in the mini-corps I spoke of?? I don't recal the corps name, but I think there will be an HD recording of the show with 4 different cameras. It is going to be played in Vegas. How cool is that!?
12 years later
cire
Very cool. This isn't a DCA mini corps though I'm assuming? DCA has their finals coming up in Rochester NY and have a mini corps competition there. DCA is really fun actually, and in a lot of ways... better than DCI
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
Yes that's the one. It is the night before. I believe that it is a DCA mini-corps thing too.
12 years later
cire
Oh nice! Should be fun!
Stradivarius
The Mini-Corps name is Sins of the Empire. The music consists of Viva Las Vegas and I don't remember the center piece, and the closer has a song by Lady Gaga!
12 years later
cire
should be... interesting at least!!
Stradivarius
We are going to be rerhearsing from like 9am to 8pm monday-thursday. holy. cow.
12 years later
Stradivarius
So the whole thing has completely jumped in awesomeness. We are going to the North Caralina auditions for America's Got Talent AND we are doing promo videos with the host, who was in the movie "Drumline." If anybody watches AGT then there is a good chance you will see me!
12 years later
cire
awesome! have nick show of drumming skillz!
Olmstead90
Quick correction, DCA finals is in Annapolis this summer.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
hostrauser
Really? First time they've moved from Rochester, isn't it? At least in a long time.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
Olmstead90
Yes, and yes. Fun trip, though. I actually bought an Olds valve rotor contrabass from an alumni group and will be picking it up there :)
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director