Login Create Account
Druids Finish Ground-Breaking Season
Olmstead90
"...and honestly, first or last place, a champion or the bottom of the barrel, I will always love you guys, and I am always proud of the work, the excellence, and the class the Druids will always represent. You went out there, and you were rewarded for what you gave them-- the audience and judges. That doesn't always happen, and you always approach the field with confidence, grace, and humility. Great work. Simply the best Season yet."

As Mr. Olmstead wrapped up his final comments with the corps; friends, family, and staff members crowded around the buses to see the corps off to the airport for their long trip home, and a well deserved rest.

Tonight, before the largest crowd all Season, the Druids honorably took the Division II FMADC Champion title, also seizing the Music Ensemble, Music GE, and Visual GE caption awards. Not only this, but their score of 82.325 has set an all-time record high for Division two FMA drum corps. One member described it as "a privilege to go down in the books as the corps to set the current record".

The Druids pulled off another fantastic ending tag, closing up the show on this final contest as due to the Boys in Green's style. As the corps' reached the climax point of The 1812 Overture, they form a miniature chess board of black and white-uniformed members, spinning and condensing blocks in a swirl of fast-paced drill. As the last chords sound, they condense into a straight line stretching from 10 to 10, company front down-field as the line folds in. As that happens, members fall here and there, pieces taken by opposing sides until only the last two remaining pieces stand-- the black and white drum majours, center field. As the last chord cuts off (the corps members playing a surprisingly full chord from their fallen positions) the two drum majours shake hands... the game of Chess ended in a stalemate.

The corps wishes the other FMADC groups and ALL FMA ensembles a great Season 11, and congrats all Season 10 members.

Stay tuned as always for more updates at http://thedruidsdrumcorps.webs.com/home.htm
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
mceuph
"their score of 82.325 has set an all-time record high for Division two FMA drum corps."

I now want you in my division, and I want to beat you. =D
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
Olmstead90
Go click "all divisions" for our finals score tonight ; )
mceuph
Psh, that doesn't count. It wasn't head to head. ;)
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
Olmstead90
I'll probably be put in Div I next Season-- and you'll have a head start because I will be at band camp this coming week for college.

I even considered taking this Season off, but changed my mind. I will just try to make up the week lost.

/shrug
mceuph
I work most of the time and I don't have a smartphone to rehearse. :( That's why I was out of finals for 2 seasons. Also, you might beat me. I'm trying some new stuff next season since what I've been doing has just had me in the same area for a while. I need to change something.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
gcurrier
congrats! and most likely, welcome to the big boys club now!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Olmstead90
Well, I've been in Div I before.