Login Create Account
DCI 2012
BDinger
I am thinking about trying out for Phantom Regiment. But thats like across the country for me and im a little low on funds. Any other Regiment fans?
cire
I thought the yowza show was ok.. not the greatest. 89 was a great show, sure there was the ballad mess up, but that was one of my favorite ballads ever.. and the solo was beautiful. I'm honestly not a big fan of the 00+ shows.. there have been a couple that were really good, but it's not the same in your face BD like it used to be.. the shows and endings are always too happy and the music is too cut and paste. My biggest complaint is that the first half of the shows are amazing.. but it seems like the staff spends all winter on it, and forgets about the second half and just throws that in at the last minute..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
hostrauser
BDinger93: 93 Phantom was what got me hooked on the activity.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
gcurrier
I would kill for a kick ass old style in your face bd show
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Change of plans. I'm not doing DCI next year. I'm going to stay in DCA with the Empire Statesmen then move to DCI in another year or two.
12 years later
corndogshuffle
I love old school BD... this new stuff I could do without though. They lost me some time around 2000, too.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
TeamQuavers
I generally like all of BD's shows, but "1930" and "Through a Glass, Darkly" were incredibly weak and forgettable.
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
BDinger
@hostrausser I was into it as soon as i knew what it was, but their 2008 show is what inspired me to try out for them. Especially after they won the championship.
BDinger
Any Phantom Regiment fans/allumni out there?
Prof
I thought 1930 was weak but Through The Glass was one of the finest presentations I've witnessed in my 41 years of drum corps.
Many friends didn't get it and I understand why.

It went places I never dreamed drum corps could go. Once I learned to not focus on any one thing and let the whole show wash over me, it was one of the most experiences of my life.

Of course it helped that I have experienced 60+ days of heavy morphine to be able to appreciate "that" place
TrumpetVinny
@ChrisRohn Thanks! :D I was actually the break dance soloist in the Dancing Machine portion of the show. Easily one of the highlights of the summer.

@hostrauser I actually was hooked on the activity by a 93 Phantom. But he got me with 2007 Finals and 91 Phantom.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
abelaguilar
I marched Genesis 2011 and I plan on marching Genesis again for 2012. Woo!!!
Executive Director of Los Conquistadors DBC
contra09
i respect every corps out there from open class to world class every corps out there deserves our respect it would be devastating to DCI if ether one folded. and you should try and by at least one item from each corps souvie van even if its just 2 bucks.

but my fav Drum Corps is SCV and of course Teal

i marched Teal SOund last year and aged out of them as well
CHairman of the United Marching Networks
Director of
Spirit OF FLorida Dum and Bugle Corps
Sun Devils Marching band
Heatwave Indoor Drumline
Blue mounds winterguard

Olmstead90
Strad, there is nothing wrong with marching in DCA. I did one year in junior corps in 2008 for Dutch Boy, and now I march Kilties and I am perfectly happy that way. Also, Empire has a pretty cool show this summer.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
cire
DCI finals have absolutely nothing on DCA finals
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Olmstead90
Totally agree!
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director