Login Create Account
Colour Guard Circuit Writer-Intro & First Article
Hypothesis
Hi Everyone!
My name is Hypothesis and I will be your staff writer for the Colour Guard Circuit. Yes, indeed I do spell Colour different because I am from Canada, I am now residing outside Lexington, Kentucky and I still have the right to spell it different. lol
I have many years experience in the DCI and WGI forums. I was Colour Guard instructor for the Canadian Knights who won the DCI "A" Class championships in 1986. I also marched in the Cavaliers Guard and went on to teach for many years. You may find this interesting but I was the first person to spin & toss a rifle Parallel, I was doing this in the early 70's and then took it to Cavaliers when I went to march and taught the entire line to do it after my instructor was blown away by it. The guys couldn't all get it so it was introduced slowly in our ballad. I also taught the Troopers colour guard and many, many others.
Now I will let you know that I am very new to this forum and I will do my very best as I move along through the season. I will try to interview as many directors as I can and get some interesting information out to you all as the season moves on.
I would like to welcome any suggestions and comments throughout as well.

I understand that there was some fierce competition July 4th over at "Scouting along Hanover" show Hosted by Hanover Scoutettes. Ten Guards in three classes performed for an almost sell out crowd that was shaking with excitement over the first show of the season.
This season saw Division I "V" come out of the starting gate with a good spread on their competitors. Performing the 2010 production of "Pink" this guard is sure to turn some heads as the season develops. "V" had a great first show score of 51.360 followed by X-Factor in second with a 49.950, Crimson Flyers in third with a 48.895 and Generals 4th on their heels with a 48.430. This was a very exciting Division I show and I'm sure anyone that has the opportunity to see these guards will sure get their money's worth.
Division II was close from first to third and won by Silver Angels with a 48.890 followed by the host guard Hanover Scoutettes with a very close 48.590 and rounding out DIV II was Elegance with a 48.265. These scores should tell you that Division II will be a tight race to finals. In the Division III Class (which as well was a close race.) Chimera was on top this evening with a score of 47.740, second place was Loop with a 47.435 and in third place was Thunder with a score of 45.790. All in all it was a very exciting first competition and kudos to Scoutettes for putting on a great show ( the Cafeteria food was amazing).
I wish you all the best of luck this season and please wish me luck as a first time writer.
I will see you all courtside as we experience what is proving to be a fantastic 2010 FMA Colour Guard season. Remember, I will take any suggestions and comments from anyone.
Keep your eyes on the Rifle, the Sails out of your flags, the hand on the hilt and some booty in your bounce!
Until next time.
Over and out!
Director of:
Open all Knights Drum Corps
Kentucky Mustangs Marching Band
Static Guard winter guard
Majestix (Magic Stix) Drum Line
All proud members of ECC Region 3
VincentPezza
Is that you Casablanca? lol Great article! I guess you won't be paying attention to Division III?
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
Hypothesis
why won't I pay attention to Div III?
Director of:
Open all Knights Drum Corps
Kentucky Mustangs Marching Band
Static Guard winter guard
Majestix (Magic Stix) Drum Line
All proud members of ECC Region 3
SILVERREGIMENTM6
You sorta forgot them on your article
If you are Scottish Law, then I am Mickey Mouse!
BlueDevils
Div III is in there. He just forgot to separate it from the Div II paragraph.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Silversun268
Why did you choose to do only one of the competitions and not include the other five?
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

Novak
On the subject of only choosing one competition -

It is difficult as a staff writer to keep track of every little thing, and report on every competition. So many competitions are run every night that reporting on every corps/band/guard/line from every show is no easy task.

Just my opinion as a fellow writer though. You're doing fine, Hypothesis!
Silversun268
That is understandable, and I agree that you are doing fine Hypothesis and definitely keep it up. I just think that an overarching report would be more interesting than reporting on any single competition. This is the way that most of the reports I have seen are done and I like it a lot; but that, of course, is just my opinion.
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

VincentPezza
Oh! I see it now. My bad.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
Novak
Don't worry about it guys. I don't know if Hypothesis is new to this, but I'll assume he is, and say that this is definitely a learning experience, being a staff writer. People from the old FMA are used to the old FMA staff writers and what they did, and it's gonna be hard to execute our articles at the same level they did, but again, it's all a learning experience.