Login Create Account
excess league money
ismensink
it seems, recently, that some league have so much money that they are able to host a show for every day of the season. what if some of this money could be payed back to the members of the leagues. this would also create larger interest in joining leagues, and becoming more active on the site.
hi
ChrisRohn
this is actually a very interesting idea, and would be a great way for individual ensembles in a league to get a "performance fee" from league shows.

it would be great do have different options - set a flat fee per corps performance (which could put a league in the hole), set an even division of league profits, distribute a percentage of league profits, distribute profits on a tiered system based on influence, show placement, or a combination thereof... lots you could do with this. i kind of like it. it would also be a way to entice additional ensembles into a particular league.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
bando
I dunno, I think just setting the amount that leagues get from shows lower would be a better way. This way those that choose not be in leagues don't get left out. A limit on the number of shows would makes sense. I mean, there is no reason for a league to be hosting over 20 shows. When would their members be able to schedule?

Anyway, smaller leagues would be hurt if their funds were taken away. I mean, IIEA has nowhere near the profits of unspecified, mostly because many of our members are not big hitter influences. Of course, at this point we make quite enough to be comfortable and still host a show every sunday, but still.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ChrisRohn
Any other opinions on this topic? If not profit sharing, leagues should be allowed to do something else with their money aside from hosting shows.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
bando
Hm... is there anything that would make sense for a league to purchase? Maybe for a larger fee a league could host championships on the Wednesday before finals, or maybe something to do with league profiles and adding things to it? I dunno.
Founder of the IIEA

ismensink
i dont think it should be a larger fee, but i think leagues shoud be able to host their championship the wednesday before finals. Maybe if each group wqas automatically in league finals the day before prelims, we wouldnt have the issue of groups not attending their leagues championship. With this, there could be some extra rewards for receiving a league championship or something to the effect.
hi
gcurrier
CLASS already does their Championship the Wednesday before finals and any league that has the funds to do so, already can.

I am not opposed to being able to use the funds for some things and I think individual leagues could ultimately make decisions on what for. CLASS wanted to help sponsor FBOA and give some of its funds, but couldn't for example. The other issue I see with giving funds to corps which in some ways is great, is that many of the top ranked corps are maxed or quickly becoming maxed on staff. Money wont do them any good soon kind of like what has happened in guard. Yes they still can upgrade at greatly increased amounts, but the benefit to do so is minor. I also already limit the number of league sponsored shows to weekly to allow members time to schedule their shows.

Overall I think you may be on to something, but not sure its there yet.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
bando
Gcurrier.. That's tuesday. No one can schedule on Wednesday.
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
oh ya LOL I suppose it is slightly better in that case
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ