Login Create Account
July 6th FMAMB
ssmit
What a wonderful Tuesday it is. Neither of my groups performed today, but it didn't stop many other groups from participating in some great competitions. Let's continue investigating the FMA Marching bands and their performance this season!

Division 1:

We have a clear contender for 1st place ladies and gentlemen! The J. Summerville HS Marching Band has won its 3rd competition in a row! It is the only band to do so in any division. Congrats to scooter92011, director of J. Summerville HS Marching Band. J. Summerville leads in Colorguard and Percussion, but is placed 2nd overall. The Marching Marchers took 1st place at the Music by the Lake show today, with a solid score of 52.545, holding their lead over J. Summerville who currently has a 52.25.

While there continues to be no caption leader, 3 bands have come forth to attempt to dominant the rankings. J. Summerville leads in Guard and Percussion, The Marching Marchers lead in Vis and Music ensemble, and Darkness marching leads both GE captions.

Note to those who wish to pass these dominant bands, all three of the top marching bands also have the top 3 director levels, IN ORDER. I'm not saying that there is any direct correlation there, but my suggestion would be to invest some more time rehearsing and gaining more experience.

Top 5:
1 The Marching Marchers 52.545
2 J. Summerville HS Marching Band 52.250
3 Southmore Hill Royal Regiment 52.155
4 Darkness Marching 52.035
5 Spirit of Westchestertonfieldville 51.280

Division 2:

Despite gaining a 1st place at the Elite Youth Invitational today, the Muff Divers have been passed! The Mighty Tiger Marching Band took 1st place from the Divers with a score of 50.00. The Tigers took 5th place Sunday at the All For The First Time show, but spent two days training and it has paid off well! Divers, at a 49.975, will need to step up their game if they want to gain their title back.

Muff Divers lost both of their caption titles in Percussion and Colorguard, but now lead in both GE captions. However, in their first day of competition, Synechdoche Legend has claimed an impressive THREE caption titles, despite being in 5th place in overall score. The Synechdoche Legend leads in Visual Performance, Visual Ensemble, and music ensemble.

Top 5:
1 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 50.000
2 Muff Divers 49.975
3 Gold Sound Cadets 49.900
4 Solstice Marching Band 49.510
5 Synechdoche Legend 49.375

Division 3:

The Marching Caledonian Band has also had their title stolen by The Marching Reds with a slim margin of only 0.125. The Marching Reds accomplished this task on their first night out. However, The Marching Caledonian Band did not compete tonight, suggesting that they may come out tomorrow and take back their lead.

Division 3 continues to be the most competitive division with the top 10 being within 0.8 of a point. The top 5 bands are within 0.215, meaning that the leader can change at the drop of a hat.

In terms of the individual captions, only two bands have stepped up to the plate and taken more than one caption. The Marching Knights are the current leaders in GE Visual and Percussion, while the Mighty Matador Marching Band lead in both Music and Visual ensemble. There are opportunities for any Div 3 band to take a caption. Just concentrate those points in only 2 captions and build up that experience.

Top 5:
1 The Marching Reds 47.855
2 The Marching Caledonian Band 47.730
3 Marching Knights 47.675
4 Mighty Matador Marching Band 47.660
5 Sensorium 47.640

Special Info:

The Socal Dream Tour was the largest competition today with 15 bands, but unfortunately no one showed up to fill the stands. My apologies to the Tiger Band And Color Guard, and I hope you can raise money in some other way. The Music by The Lake show hosted by General Mclane had the largest audience today with 485 fans showing up to watch 10 different bands. Congrats for the successful show!

Finally, if you are a marching band director and willing to go through an interview please email me at ssmit@uci.edu. Good luck to all directors and more statistics and special features will come later in the week!
Drummantx
Woo! Both GE 1st and 4th overall. I'm a happy boy.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
ssmit
Congrats!
bando
Good job! I can't wait until my groups compete again. They haven't had a show since sunday!
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Jrdnhunting
I knew my boys could do it!

Might be beginners luck, it's their first time in any FMA competition.
Their director, too, is the new kid on the block.

Hopefully we can keep on going and win tomorrow at the (Football game), if the Blue and Gold Marching Band will start accepting bands to perform.
scooter92011
On behalf of the Marching Storm staff, thank you for the accolades!
Good luck to all the marching bands in the FMA circuit.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
cire
J. Summerville beware.. The Marching Marchers have you on scope and ready to take your undefeated title away from you!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
scooter92011
I'll be waiting!
**FMA** Hall of Famer*