Login Create Account
Energy Efficiency
mellohero
Am I not looking at this properly, or is it really the case that the best way to raise your band is never to do a complete run-through of the show?
Alex
 -infinity
Not sure what you mean. The energy costs are all relative to the amount of points you gain as well as the captions' score weights.
mellohero
...Alright, I've worked this out now. For your amusement, I'll throw in what I'd originally typed here.

<hr />

Right. I'm just crunching some numbers here and seeing that I can increase an ensemble's skill level by around 64 points, give or take, in all captions in three hours without doing a single full-ensemble Music & Visual Rehearsal. That doesn't seem to make a ton of sense, considering that those sort of run-throughs are what make up the bulk of marching rehearsals. This leads me to the assumption that the skill to score ratio for GE's is smaller than with the other captions. Correct?
rtloveless
Just for kicks and giggles, my marching band HARDLY did complete run throughs. I think once a week we did, but it was rare.
Ryan T. Loveless
mellohero
Was yours in the OMEA or the BOA?
bando
Ours did at least two to three run-throughs a practice... The rest was always reviewing certain sections (each section ended up getting at about half of the rehearsal).
-They are a TOB band.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles