Login Create Account
Question... :)
MafiaWarsGamer
How do ticket sales work with competitions?
cire
Different factors effect the number of people that come to your show... one of those being ticket prices and influence.

At the beginning of the next season you will get the competition money earnings from the previous season.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
MafiaWarsGamer
So if you have no influence, then you will have no ticket sales?
rtloveless
No. If you have no guests you have no ticket sales. Guests will always come to a show where a known group is playing.

Which is why a LOT of people work on their influence so more guests flock to their show. As long as you break even, meaning the amount it cost to host the competition is less than the ticket sales, you made a profit.

So winning competitions are a good way to boost sales, 'cause you'll get more influence. Also you can work on campaigns and what not.

Remember, accept high influenced groups to increase your sales.
Ryan T. Loveless
FreakoftheArts73
Hmmm If I had known that, I would've waited to host my competitions...
-FotA73-
http://msgrantmusic.com
20DM12
u want to host ur competitions early on for late in the season, and then accept groups early on so that u have max time for ur audience to fill up
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
rtloveless
My competition has been maxed out for groups attending since before the season started BUT, I'm nowhere near sales goal. I want to make at least $1000 off of this competition, I've only made a $260 profit. Which kind of blows. I should have probably raised the tick sales to $25. And I should have waited till more high influenced groups appeared.
Ryan T. Loveless
FreakoftheArts73
I made $0 in sales for all my competitions. Whoops
-FotA73-
bachstrad2010
yeah, i've been okay with my competitions except for one of them. I made exactly $0. There should be a show insurance policy offered.
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
cire
Why? That's just part of business.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
FreakoftheArts73
Well the good thing is I have learned from the mistake. Ha
-FotA73-
rtloveless
Good news is, I'm getting incredibly close to making a $1000 profit which means hosting a competition will be made possible next season :D
Ryan T. Loveless
Kelso
How do we collect the money from our own competitions? I hosted one 4 days ago where ticket sales were $2260 but none of that is in my money yet. THanks
Express Drum & Bugle Corps - Div II
Rhythm X-press Drumline - Div II
Expression Winterguard - Div II
Alex
 -infinity
You'll get the money at the end of the season Kelso.
Kelso
Thank you sir!
Express Drum & Bugle Corps - Div II
Rhythm X-press Drumline - Div II
Expression Winterguard - Div II