Login Create Account
Fewer Rehearsal Points on Show Days
DFoth
Let’s talk about a real life drum corps so that people can understand what I’m talking about:
Let’s say a corps rolls into their next housing site at around 3 or 4 AM. A typical corps director will give their kids a couple hours of sleep and will wake them up at 8 to start rehearsal by 9. Now on rehearsal days, the corps will start at 9 and depending on logistics, may rehearse until as late as 9 or 10 PM- after lunch, dinner and water breaks, probably around 10 hours of rehearsal. However on show days, the corps will start at 9 and depending on how far the show is and what time they’re on, they’ll rehearse until maybe 2 or 3, probably no later 4. After breaks, probably around 4-5 hours of rehearsal. This said, obviously corps can get a lot better, clean, make changes, etc on rehearsal days because they have more time.

Is there a way this could be reflected on FMA by reducing available rehearsal points on show days (or increasing them on rehearsal days)? My thinking here is that people will put more thought into building their schedule since they’ll want a couple of rehearsal days to get better. Additionally, it would hopefully free up some spots in competitions for smaller groups (instead of the current system, which is basically apply to as many shows as possible, see where you get in, and only the best groups and groups with higher influence get spots).

Of course, there would have to a be a minimum to the number of shows each group competes in to qualify for championships. We wouldn’t want one group not competing the entire season and eventually win because they benefited from more points from having just rehearsal days.

Thoughts?
cire
Interesting idea
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
bando
Has this been suggested before? Or was that on the FMA 1.0? I feel like I've seen it before.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ChrisRohn
I think it was suggested in version 1 at some point.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
mceuph
This has actually been done before in FMB.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
20DM12
I feel this has suggested multiple times before, but people always over complicated it.
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
DHankyPanky
Personally I think instead of getting fewer points on competition days for rehearsal it should go by how much energy a player has going into a competition.
If u think about it, I know I do this, right before a competition's scores are calculated a lot of people use all their energy they have in their groups to get that last second extra boost, but in real life no director would ever do that.
So I think a point variation on ur show score can be added that depends on how much energy a group has going into a competition. To me that would make the game more realistic.
TrumpetVinny
Honestly that wouldn't effect me much. I'd just work my guys to the bone and let my scores suffer until finals.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
cire
Maybe another take on it would be to create some kind of system/check where if you max out your rehearsal points, it will take longer to recover.. which can affect your performance score (can't perform good if you are worn out or exhausted)..So for example if you spend say 100 points (1 hour) you will only gain 75 points the next hour, then 100 points every hour after that. however if you spend 200 points you will only gain 50 points for 2 hours then 100 after that.. if you spend 300, you gain 30 points, and 400 you gain 10 points..

or something like that.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"