Login Create Account
FMA Season 13: Drum Corps Round Up- I'm Back!
BlueDevils
Hey all you FMA'ers out there! I hope y'all aren't too miffed at me for missing the past... season... of... reviews........

Anyway! I'm officially done with my first semester of college, and most importantly finals, which means I now have a month off, which, in turn, means you lovely folks will get at least a month(probably more like two to three months) of regularly timed, well-thought out, and lovingly written articles!

Now I know I've missed most of this Season, which is why I'm going to take the rest of Week 4 to observe the action and to look at the Top Corps so I can write a Finals Week Preview! I hope I can make up for the missed articles! See you Saturday night with the preview!

Frank Tiberius Kirk out.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
mdmackowiak
Yeah! I enjoy your articles! They make things more exciting and give me a reason to check the forums regularly. I can't to see Epic's name in the article! =)
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
corndogshuffle
College is more important than this! Glad to see you back though. :)

I always liked your write ups, good to know they'll be back!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
cire
College is NOT more important than this. You can ALWAYS retake a class.. but once a season is over with, you will never be able to go back.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
mdmackowiak
Lol. Cire, I like your thinking... lol, However, I have a semester left. So no messing up here.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
TrumpetVinny
T_T You missed when Tullahoma was in control, but somewhere midseason I got surpassed.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
bando
Cire, I only get 3 retakes the whole time in college. And I already used one. I wouldn't suggesting giving that sort of advice. Haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
BlueDevils
So people! I had an even better idea! I'm going to hold off on the quick article and give you lovely folks a comprehensive article about Finals!

Included:

Predicted Placements for Top 12 Corps in each division!
In-depth analysis on how and why Corps got their predicted placement!
A little history lesson(not on any individual corps, just in general about FMA Finals placements)
And.......
*brass fanfare*
That'll be all! Unless I think of something else to put in it.

Update:

Beginning research has been done on the article. On track for publishing on the day before prelims.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
cire
bando... they give you retakes in college?
mdmackowiak
Can't wait BlueDevils! I love reading articles like these!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
bando
Yeah. Its called a D-F repeat. If you fail or get a D in a class, you can retake it and then the old one will show up on a transcript as an E (showing the D-F repeat). But you have three D-F repeats while your at school. Its weird.
Founder of the IIEA

bandman12
The school i just finished had the policy of 3 chances to take a class. fail the first you could take it again and have that grade replace the first. fail a second time, and the third time you take the class they average all of your grades together.
cire
wow.. crazy. Do you have to pay for the class if you are retaking it?
bando
Well, technically yes. I mean, it takes up credits that I could be using for other classes.
Founder of the IIEA