Login Create Account
FMA Season 13: Drum Corps Round Up- Finals Predictions: Part 2
BlueDevils
Hey all you FMA’ers! Sorry for the delay! I fell asleep last night and my computer died along with the second part of the article, so I just had to get everything going again. Well, here’s the long awaited part two!

Division II

Predicted 1st Place:
Corps: Regimental Blue
League: CLASS
Predicted Finals Score: 79.385

Regimental Blue, you currently hold 1st place and caption for General Effect in Music! I placed you in first place because of your score gains. On average you gain .5 - .6 points every day, and your current score of 77.020 means that you’ll end up winning in my calculations by around .3 points, which isn’t a lot, so it’ll be close, but I think you’ll pull a Gold Medal out of this season!

Predicted 2nd Place:
Corps: Atlantic Trough
League: CAMA
Predicted Finals Score: 79.045

Atlantic Trough, you are ahead of third place right now by 1.6 points! That combined with average score gains between .5 - .7 points a day mean that not only will I guarantee you Silver this season, but I’m also going to say you have a chance to upset Regimental Blue if you put your nose to the grindstone and he eases off. You’ve done very well as you hold the Music Ensemble caption, Visual Ensemble caption, and General Effect in Visual! Like I said above, I think he’ll pull it off, but I’ve been wrong before.

Predicted 3rd Place:
Corps: Yukon Gold
Predicted Finals Score: 77.115

Yukon Gold, you currently stand 1.2 points above 4th place and with consistent score gains .4 -.6 a day, you are projected to land a point ahead of 4th place, and thus, I will guarantee you third place, barring a complete breakdown of your corps. You also have the distinction of holding the Visual Performance caption up to this point! Benone signore!

Predicted 4th Place:
Corps: Immortals
Predicted Finals Score: 76.065

Our first upset in Division II this article! Immortals currently sit in 6th, but a combination of close scores between 4th through 6th and the fact that the Immortals gain .6-.9 points consistently place them above both dunkirk patriots and Heart. Immortals currently hold the Wind and Color Guard captions and I believe from last season’s records that they will fight to hold on to those captions.

Predicted 5th Place:
Corps: dunkirk patriots
Predicted Finals Score: 75.905

dunkirk patriots… I’m sorry, you have been running strong, but your score gains aren’t high enough nor your lead strong enough to keep the Immortals from taking your current 4th place position. You’ve had a good run, so be happy you’ll still be in Block 5.

Predicted 6th Place:
Corps: Heart
League: ACE
Predicted Finals Score: 75.135

You’ve done well this season, you’ve been like a Magic Man, or something! You swam your to the Finals of Division II like a ravenous Barracuda! Okay, Heart references aside you’ve really done well! This is only your 3rd Season and you’ve climbed to Division II Finals! Good job sir! You however, only gain roughly .5 points a day so that’s why you will fall from 5th to 6th in Finals.

Predicted 7th Place:
Corps: Regiment of FC
League: N/A
Predicted Finals Score: 72.525

Well, this wasn’t exactly a hard one, you gain a meager .1 -.3 points, and you are ahead of the current 2nd place by 2 points. One moment… *counts on fingers* You’ll end up ahead of 8th place by a full point. Congratulations! You are safely entrenched in Finals territory!

Predicted 8th Place:
Corps: The Blue Eagle Drum and Bugle Corps
League: AF-DC
Predicted Finals Score: 71.465

Now, Blue Eagles, you are fairly close in score to the Sound of Indy currently. You’re at 69.620 and Sound of Indy is at 69.260, but you gain around .3 - .5 points daily, and you are very consistent in that, so I feel very confident in giving you 8th.

Predicted 9th Place:
Corps: Sound of Indy
Predicted Finals Score: 70.665

Sorry Sound of Indy. I thought you might be another upset, but sadly you just don’t have a history of high score gains this season. On average you consistently gain .2 – 3 points daily and you have a few occurrences of .5 points, however even when I factored that in you still fall to the Blue Eagles by .8 points.

Predicted 10th Place:
Corps: Highwater Regiment
League: ACE
Predicted Finals Score: 69.675

Well! Your name makes me want to try to type this in Scottish phonetics, but I don’t think I’m talented enough to do that. Long story short, you have a very wide range of score gains: .3 - .8 points a day, so your score was harder to predict, but I believe I have a good prediction here! Congratulations!

Predicted 11th and 12th Place:

Okay, so this was hard, mainly because it’s impossible. There are seven corps that have a realistic chance of making Finals in these two positions. The score gains are all so sporadic and inconsistent that any guess from me would be far too inaccurate. I am looking at them, and literally any of the following seven corps could claim a spot in finals. It depends who rehearses the most going into Finals.

The Seven Corps:

Athlon Drum Corps
Musketeers
Prince Hall-Royal Arch
Marching Eagles
Marching Royal Dukes
Virginia's Finest
Wax Mannequins

Thank you all for bearing with me! Part 3 will be up later tonight with updates from Prelims!
DC: Blue Demons Corps
corndogshuffle
Another great write up. The battle for first looks like it is going down to the wire, exciting!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
BleedBlue
I've lost a lot of rehersal time this week and last week and lost a good lead. Now Im behind. But hopefully if I pull it together I might be able to peak back into first.
DC: Regimental Blue
MB: Edgar Allen Diddle High School
CG: Legacy
DL: Onyx Reign
hostrauser
Was hoping Yukon Gold could make a push for Finals this year, but it was not to be.

Now, hopefully we aren't promoted to D1 next season, and we can make another run at the title next year.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
FinalBlitzV2
Was hoping to push to 3rd by the end of the season but these were some pretty tough competition. I doubt i will move to D1 next season.
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
cire
Wow what an upset for 1st!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"