Login Create Account
Snack food at the Guard show cafeteria {my sarcasm}
Hypothesis
What were they thinking? Recently I attended a colour guard performance and the cafeteria food was unbelievable! Here we are trying to show our kids proper nutrition, not to mention, most people in guards think of it as a "fashion show" and want nothing more than to be thin and in shape. Until the "Cafeteria Break" then my dancing beauties, all hell breaks loose. They have everything from Twinkies to Pulled Beef and Pork on a Salty Bun made of white death. Over there ----> they have Chocolate brownies with little pieces of candy on them to add to the un-nutritional value and as well, send just about anyone into a Diabetic coma.
To top it off we have a delicious choice of Soda, Soda or Soda...all with more sugar than Oprah puts on her morning cereal. I never once saw an apple or an energy bar.....there wasn't even WATER for the kids to whet their whistles with. Oh, and if they paid with exact change....they got a sucker!!!
What on earth are these people thinking about. I saw kids from younger guards running around nearly as high strung as a old time piano. Running the halls drooling and foaming at the mouth from their sugar highs, only to hit the floor and immediately hit the wall and crash & burn on the competition floor. My advise would be either they put more healthy food in the cafeterias or keep the kids away, I know this is used as a fundraiser for the host group, but come on now....how much longer will this go on?
It's a shame that we can't just pay the host not to partake in the snack line. And the women that work the line....oh my, they just keep pushing the Cake and Goodies on the kids and then they wonder why, when they go out to watch them perform....half of them are behind the props chucking their afternoon delights.
After witnessing this mess, I will make sure to keep the EMS on site and at the ready at each performance I go to. Maybe I will start selling Apples at shows...LOL you think? Anyway, this was just my 2 cents worth of hopefully enjoyable reading for you as we trudge forward in the 2010 season.
By the way....The Chocolate Cupcakes......AMAZING!
But, I brought my own Diet Coke!
See you courtside!
Director of:
Open all Knights Drum Corps
Kentucky Mustangs Marching Band
Static Guard winter guard
Majestix (Magic Stix) Drum Line
All proud members of ECC Region 3
cire
I'm pretty sure oprah uses more. But not by much lol
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
katkatastrophe
Hey those Walking Tacos are great! :]
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

Prof
Point of order:

Most "old time pianos" I come across haven not been tuned in a while so they play flat, meaning they are NOT high strung.........but I understood what you mean.

At school I had to physically relocate the stupid vending machines from the area at the base of the stairwell for the band room to the other side of the gym to keep kids from slugging back poweraid and cokes before practice. . Of course I had to get a band dad that was a plumber to make the water fountain work for the 1st time in over 6 years and we keep a fridge in the band room filled with cold water bottles and an honor system for putting money in the fund. We never break even but I'd rather lose $10 a week and have kids calm for practice.

Hypothesis
Thanks for the correction, but a "Honky Tonk" piano is very highly strung & they are old.
Director of:
Open all Knights Drum Corps
Kentucky Mustangs Marching Band
Static Guard winter guard
Majestix (Magic Stix) Drum Line
All proud members of ECC Region 3
bando
This sounds like a few indoor competitions I went to for percussion. Haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Prof
Agree on the "honky tonk" usage