Login Create Account
"Epic" Finals Recap/Season 15 Show Announcement
mdmackowiak
After a long a hard season Epic Drum & Bugle corps is once again crowned champions of Division One! This is Epic’s second championship and it so happens to be in back to back season. “We are so proud to be standing here once again,” said Lewis Nakagawa, head drum major for Epic. “It is one thing to win, but back to back… I can’t even describe how happy I am for my family.”

In seasons past, Epic had not won a single title until last season. “The reason I came to march Epic five years ago when they came back from being inactive was because of the family vibe I got from them,” said mellophone veteran and age-out Allison Meyers. “Winning the past two years has been awesome, but seeing the corps grow mentally, physically and emotionally was the best thing ever.”

The crowd was electric the last five corps. However, when we were huddled up in the tunnel and Nemesis was marching off the field, the crowd erupted. “This being my first Finals performance I was scared, nervous, excited, everything,” said bass four player Nick Meckes. While the corps marched on the stadium temporarily became soft until the opening hit. “Everyone loved the opener, but tonight the closer just hit,” said second year trumpet Molly Kearns. “The company front with ‘Rite of Spring’ cannot be matched! Then I was like, o crap I still have a minute of non-stop running and playing to do left. Yet, it was the best feeling ever as the crowd fed us energy.”

While out at retreat we knew it was going to come down to the finally two corps. When the announcer said the second place score of 91.425, you saw all of the members of Epic close their eyes, squeeze the hand of the person next to them or bit their lip. “When they announced Nemesis in second, I just couldn’t help to start crying,” said guard captain Colleen Gibson. When Epic was announced first, Lewis Nakagawa went up to receive the championship trophy, medal and take picture. While behind him members went around hugging each other and staff members. “People kept on telling me we get to perform this one more time, one more time,” said four year contra age-out Peter McNeely. “I could care less. I knew that after we had our victory run we would arc up and play the corps song ( Mansions of the Lord, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDrbbtaO0E) for the audience. I knew that after it I was going to let loose all emotions.”

“I am so proud of every single corps member, staff member, food and uniform help, and anyone who helped us this season,” said Matt Mackowiak corps director of Epic Drum & Bugle Corps.

As the corps gets ready for a much deserved break, the show must go on. Epic already has Season 15’s show ready. They proudly present their show: The Roots of All Evil. Music includes. The Miraculous Mandarin by Bartok, Violin Concerto No.1 by Shostakovich, Adagio for Strings by Barber and Symphony No. 12 in D Minor Op. 112 by Shostakovich. “We have a style going for us here,” said Mackowiak. “We like our dark, mysterious, intense and in-your-face types of shows. Nothing says dark like Bartok and Shostakovich.”

Watch out for Epic in Season 15 as they continue their excellence. Will they push the limits of the activity? Will they go for title number three? Will they show the drum corps world a new thing or two? You tell me. Come out and watch every corps as they start season number 15!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
gcurrier
very well deserved--great show and great corps. However the staff of Nemesis has become hungry along with a very large returning corps. We have not won a title for a few seasons and we arent about to let a threepete happen...SO enjoy the week! love Nemesis
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
mdmackowiak
Thanks. I couldn't ask but anything more from you. What is a rivalry without some friendly competition. Bring it because we are ready!

Love Epic
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1