Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band July 7th
ssmit
Both my marching band and drum corps hopped back on the competition bus today after taking a break since Sunday. Each group went up 20 spots, but it is a long battle for 1st. Anyway, enough about me, because it's time for another marching band break down!

Disclaimer: If this article seems long to you, so you are discouraged from reading, there is a simple solution. Just read about your division and the Special Info at the end. I know I have a lot to say and I can understand that it is a lot to read. Don't worry about it! Just take what you need and I hope the info helps. =)

Division 1:

Top 5:
1 J. Summerville HS Marching Band 53.405
2 Darkness Marching 53.130
3 Spirit of Westchestertonfieldville 52.585
4 The Marching Marchers 52.545
5 Tuscarawas Vanguard 52.290

There have been some major shifts in rank in Division 1! J. Summerville has finally passed The Marching Marchers. The Marchers did not compete today, which is probably why they fell from 1st to 4th. Darkness Marching also went up from 4th to 2nd, increasing by more than 1.1 points since yesterday. We could have a dark horse for the title this season ladies and gentlemen!

Odd going ons in the caption scores. The 10th place overall band, Blue Demons B, currently leads in the most captions, holding on to Winds, Percussion, and Guard. Darkness marching continues to hold onto both GE captions, but by only an inch. Darkness is holding onto music GE by 0.015 of a point and Vis GE by only 0.05 of a point. If J. Summerville HS Marching Band and Spirit of Westchestertonfieldville invest a few extra points in their GE categories, they could easily take the caption title.

Special Congrats to J. Summerville! They have won their 4th competition in a row! They are once again the only band to do so. WIth only one more competition this week for Summerville, can anyone pass this dominant band?

Division 2:

Top 5:
1 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 51.100
2 Gold Sound Cadets 50.545
3 Muff Divers 49.975
4 Solstice Marching Band 49.960
5 Night Area HS Marching Band 49.680

The Muff Divers continue to slip after a day of not competing. Might Tigers went up a full 1.1 points since yesterday, matching the incredible gain by Division 1's Darkness marching. The Top 5 continue to remain fairly close, with a spread of less than 1.5 points.

I don't know what happened, but the Mighty Tiger Marching Band has decided to OWN Division 2. They are leading in EVERY SINGLE caption except for Visual Ensemble, which is led by the Gold Sound Cadets. Whatever rehearsal technique they have been using, it is working. Directors take note, because this is how to run a Division 2 marching band.

Division 3:

Top 5:
1 The Pride of the Texas Hill Country 48.265
2 WithFlyingColors 47.880
3 Sensorium 47.860
4 The Marching Reds 47.855
5 The Marching Caledonian Band 47.730

Yesterday, I said that Division 3 could change their ranks at the drop of a hat and it appears I may have been right. Today's Top 2 were not even in the Top 5 yesterday. Neither The Marching Reds nor The Marching Caledonian Band competed today, but still cling to their Top 5 spots. WithFlyingColors were able to break into the Top 2 on their first day out, suggesting anything can happen in this wild division.

Captions remain similar to yesterday with The Marching Knights leading in GE Visual and Percussion, while the Mighty Matador Marching Band lead in both Music and Visual ensemble. Every band has the chance to take a caption in Division 3. My guess would be that Division 3 Marching bands may be going for a more balanced lay out of experience, which is why so many different bands lead in all of the different captions.

Special Info:

FMB- Westwood, a 20 group competition, had zero audience in attendance. I apologize to Westwood Academy Marching Band and director katkatastrophe, host of the competition. I hope you can do enough fundraising to make back the cost of the show. My home show, SoCal Open, was host to the largest audience of the day with 512 fans in attendance.

Finally, I pose a question. What would you like to read about? I will have special stories, polls, and stats every Saturday, but is there anything you would personally like to see?

Thanks for reading! =)
Drummantx
Dark horse. DARKness. Punny. Haha.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
BlueDevils
Woo! Yeah! We won! ... (Talking to someone off to the side) But, we clearly have the most... Well, yeah but... It's quantity though not quality... This is America sir, and I'm not going to give into your elitist agenda that overall score is more important than winning captions. Good day sir... I said GOOD DAY.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
katkatastrophe
I dont even know how it ended up with 0 audience!

Oh well, maybe next season if my Marching Band remains active.
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

bando
Night caught up to be back in the top 5, but we hope to get better. =)
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
20DM12
i think they accepted everyone to their competition today or something like that
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds