Login Create Account
Show scheduling
Insomniac
So Ive only been at this a season and a half, however Ive noticed a few things about how scheduling works.
1) some people like to wait as long as possible to accept or deny you application. Thereby denying that group of possible competition elsewhere.
2) there is no way to back out of a show once you're in it.

Id like to submit an Idea.
No real-world league even enters the season without knowing full well who will be there. Nor do shows get thrown in mid season.
To help mirror the real life counter part, I think that there should be two rounds of scheduling. each half of the pre season
First half:
All shows are submitted by that deadline. Acceptances are made/ denied.
Second half: Another round of submittals, and subsequent acceptances and denials.
Leagues should be exempt from the submission deadline, and can put those in whenever, to pick up any slack left over.

The second is that every group gets a one time use (per season) ability to pull out of a show. Because of the scheduling scramble at the beginning of the season, I seem to have out scheduled my ability to attend my own league championships.

The upside to all of this, is that no one will get screwed from performing a full seasons worth of shows because someone is waiting to the last second to accept/deny. All of the unit shows are fleshed out well before their date, allowing the applicants ample time for a plan B or C. there is no petty holding out because they may beat you... thats not how real world shows work. And the leagues can do whatever they want whenever they want.
cire
I think the burden of double checking our own show schedules (own competitions, league finals, etc) should be our own responsibility... not make more work for Alex to program in fail safes. Same goes with setting up shows.. we need to proof read and double check out information BEFORE hitting submit.

About the issue of people who host that wait until the last minute (or completely forget) to approve/deny people... Just do what I do. I usually wait no more than 1 day before pulling my application and applying to another show.. if someone is not accepting members right away or waiting to find out divisions or whatever, more power to them but I'm not going to wait around. There are enough competitions being hosted where you can change applications and be accepted somewhere.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Insomniac
I'm just throwing Ideas out there to improve the game. If you don't even want to open up a dialogue about it, thats just close minded.

bando
You don't have to get all defensive, Insomniac. Difference of opinion is how a conversation can be push onward!

Yeah, it'd be nice if those things happened, but it would kinda screw over anyone who joins a season late in both creating a show, and attending. This would kinda put off any potential directors.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles