Login Create Account
Color Guard Scoring is broken!
hostrauser
Probably too late for a fix for next season, but maybe not. Color Guard scoring is broken in Division I, and I mean this in two ways.

First, the Top 4 guards in D-1 are all over 98 already (one is over 99) and prelims hasn't even started. My 92.875 is still only 10th! I think the scores need to be reined in a little bit.

Second, the scoring is broken, literally. At the Music of the Lake show today (3/13), the Nobles of Grace scored 40.005 in GE. There's only 40.000 possible! (The Knight Guard got 40.020 in GE at another show, I see.)

It would be one thing to just put a cap on the captions, but it's going to look silly in a season or two when the top 7-8 guards have perfect scores in a couple of captions and 99.775 is only good enough for 5th place.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
IMcomJosh
The same thing of over scoring in captions had happened last season too.
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
TrumpetVinny
Yup. I'm still surprised that Team Quavers records have stood so long until now. It took a rework of the guard system to beat him (and if its reworked again we may never break it again :P) and he still holds the records in several units. Back in season 11. If he were still playing I have no doubt he'd have broken 100 last season.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Alex
 -infinity
I know about the scoring problems but I'm hesitant to change them because the statistics will be screwed up more than they already are for color guard. The order and placements are still correct, just inflated.
Alex
 -infinity
Ya I changed my mind. I'll fix this bug for the next season.
TrumpetVinny
Will it just be a cap or will it be a rework of scoring?
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Alex
 -infinity
The cap will be put in place, but the inflation is coming from double choreographers so I'll have to decrease the amount they they effect GE per rank.